Double Star AR15

Double Star AR15

This is a discussion on Double Star AR15 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What is your opinion about Double Star AR15's? They seem of good quality, but I am not completly sure as my knowledge in AR's is ...

Thread: Double Star AR15

Double Star AR15

What is your opinion about Double Star AR15's? They seem of good quality, but I am not completly sure as my knowledge in AR's is lacking.

I went to a gun show today and saw some A2 and A3 for around 750.00. Do you think this is a good price? BTW barrel is not chromed and is chambered for 5.56mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Glock View Post
    What is your opinion about Double Star AR15's? They seem of good quality, but I am not completly sure as my knowledge in AR's is lacking.

I went to a gun show today and saw some A2 and A3 for around 750.00. Do you think this is a good price? BTW barrel is not chromed and is chambered for 5.56mm.
    The people over at Double Star are GREAT folks, and make a great product. Just because it isn't pricey doesn't mean it is inferior!

I elected to get the STAR15 with the 20" barrel and A3 upper. I would recommend calling Centerfire Systems, because they are only about 40 minutes away from the Double Star manufacturing facility. Not only do they have the ability to get you your purchase FASTFAST, they sell them for the best prices. They have a special right now that included several models of STAR15 for only $699!!!

You mentioned the chrome-lined barrel, which I learned they don't FEATURE, but are happy to provide at your request. I chose not to, because while chroming does prevent rusting and similar damage in humid environments, accuracy suffers. Double Star elects to have a more accurate weapon that must be more meticulously maintained. Here in Kentucky, the humidity isn't too high. I'm faithful about cleaning my guns immediately after shooting, so I'm not worried about the hazards of barrel damage.

I've got other ARs. Some were MUCH more expensive, but none is dramatically better than this Double Star. You may really want to consider giving your business to a fine small American company that will forever stand by any item they make.

Cheers for the Double Star company!!!

JT
    My 2 cents…I would go with the chrome lined barrel. It makes life a lot easier when it comes to cleaning and barrel break in. Plus, if you are worried about ever needing it for extreme conditions (shtf rifle, for example), you may want the extra durability it provides. Unless you are looking for a target rifle, you probably won’t notice the minimal loss of accuracy with a chrome line barrel.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Lead Moderator
    I agree with JD. the chrome lining is worth it.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    My 2 cents…I would go with the chrome lined barrel. It makes life a lot easier when it comes to cleaning and barrel break in. Plus, if you are worried about ever needing it for extreme conditions (shtf rifle, for example), you may want the extra durability it provides. Unless you are looking for a target rifle, you probably won’t notice the minimal loss of accuracy with a chrome line barrel.
    I should have mentioned that mine has a 24" bull barrel (fluted)...it was intended for target, which is probably the ONLY situation you'd ever worry about the MINIMAL difference. Great points, and you're obviously right. Chroming certainly makes things much easier, and as I mentioned...Double Star will be happy to chrome things up nice for a minimal upcharge.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links