I Gotta Quit Looking at this Site

This is a discussion on I Gotta Quit Looking at this Site within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've been reading the site a lot more lately. That made me think about deer season opening here in just over a week and so ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: I Gotta Quit Looking at this Site

I Gotta Quit Looking at this Site

I've been reading the site a lot more lately. That made me think about deer season opening here in just over a week and so I stopped by Clark Brothers on the way home for some slugs. The shelf I needed was almost all the way back to where the used rifles and shotguns are displayed. So I HAD to look!

There it was, a Remington 1100 Auto in 20 gauge, 18 inch barrel with the mag extension. And in darn nice condition...with nice wood stock and forearm rather than plastic. I just couldn't help myself. I did run home and check with the chief finiancial officer to be sure the budget could stand it. Then ran right back and got it. I'll ratiionalize it as an early birthday present. I'm worth it, and it was only $350.

I had actually been toying with the idea of ordering the 18 inch barrel for my New Haven (Mossberg) 20 gauge and keeping it set up that way for home defense. The current 28 inch barrel isn't right for that. Now I don't have to take time to switch barrels.

I may be in trouble of another sort. My wife's first comment was, "That's pretty!"
    Granddad and hummveecop like this.
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.

George Washington

2. Remove Ads

I know what you mean. I was looking for a cc gun as I was thinking about getting my cwp. I now have 3 pistols and currently looking at a home defense shotgun (like you describe). Like you, I'm always looking at this site, I'm hooked. My wife fears I'll buy more and not know where to put 'em.
    Carry: Sig P238
    Home: Stoeger Couger 8000F 9mm

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Congrats on the new addition ;-)

This site can induce dangerous behavior (acquiring more & more firearms and taking a toll on wallet) & it should be taken in moderation to prevent spontaneous behavior that may result in conflict (getting into trouble with the chief financial officer).

" My wife's first comment was, "That's pretty!"

Why sure it was! And, it'll look much better at home than in that cold, impersonal gun shop too.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Administrator
    350 huh... Nice deal!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    So? where are the pictures? Gota see this gun. Nice buy. Nicer wife.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

This thread sucks without pictures?????

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Sounds nice, but, IT DIDN'T HAPPEN IF THERE ARE NO PICTURES!!!!

That's the rule all the time. Congratulations on the alleged 'new' purchase, enjoy, and keep the wife off of it. I brought home a .45 in early March, and I don't get to carry it very often because my wife likes to have it at home when I'm not there.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

I'm all ready to rock n' roll for deer season. Wife insisted on going along, so I bought her a new "lucky hat"
    hat.jpg
    sureshot1 and The Old Anglo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by odeaar View Post
    My wife fears I'll buy more and not know where to put 'em.
    That is the point you buy a nice big new gun safe. Then of course you follow proper sizing guidelines and buy one that's twice as big as you need and promptly realize you have all this wasted space that you need to fill up with more guns.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by woodstock View Post
    I've been reading the site a lot more lately. That made me think about deer season opening here in just over a week and so I stopped by Clark Brothers on the way home for some slugs. The shelf I needed was almost all the way back to where the used rifles and shotguns are displayed. So I HAD to look!

There it was, a Remington 1100 Auto in 20 gauge, 18 inch barrel with the mag extension. And in darn nice condition...with nice wood stock and forearm rather than plastic. I just couldn't help myself. I did run home and check with the chief finiancial officer to be sure the budget could stand it. Then ran right back and got it. I'll ratiionalize it as an early birthday present. I'm worth it, and it was only $350.

I had actually been toying with the idea of ordering the 18 inch barrel for my New Haven (Mossberg) 20 gauge and keeping it set up that way for home defense. The current 28 inch barrel isn't right for that. Now I don't have to take time to switch barrels.

I may be in trouble of another sort. My wife's first comment was, "That's pretty!"
    Your worth it.

Congrats. You come across another let me know. Or buy it and send me a present. lol

Okay, I got some pictures taken... Thanks for the kinds words and the pics are for those who just have to see (and to brag a little!)

receiver.jpgfull length.jpgreceiver & forestock.jpg

The only fly in the ointment up to this point is a bit of rust at the front sight...

front sight.jpg

I'm very satisfied with this deal. I took it out in the back yard and fired one round to test for function. It was already dark and the flame out of the muzzle was beautiful!
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.

George Washington

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Very pretty. Make sure you break it in good.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

I know what you mean, Woodstock. I joined DC last April. Since then I've purchased three hand guns and a shotgun. Sadly, I do not believe my bank account can continue to support purchasing at that rate.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links