Sixto's patrol rifle update

This is a discussion on Sixto's patrol rifle update within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SIXTO I tried, but it wouldn't upload for some reason. I'll try again tonight after the family goes to bed; assuming we ...

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Sixto's patrol rifle update

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I tried, but it wouldn't upload for some reason. I'll try again tonight after the family goes to bed; assuming we don't visit Oz as Buckeye mentioned.
    I will say the picture isn't much; it's a naked carbine with nothing but a stock. Most everything else is in boxes or in the mail. Bad news today though, the PRO is back ordered.
    Guess you will need to learn how to shoot with iron sights then.
    jwhite75 likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I got that covered.

....and I have no idea why the picture is refusing to upload.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Administrator
    I got stuck in court all day, and did not have the chance to go to the shop and play with my latest pet project. That just ticks me off.
    "Just blame Sixto"

It's all hearsay until we see pictures.

Your credibility is circling the drain.
    atctimmy and jwhite75 like this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Administrator
    Blasphemy!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Blasphemy!
    Really?

You're a moderator and you can't figure out how to upload a pic?
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Really?

You're a moderator and you can't figure out how to upload a pic?
    LOL, yeah, thats true. It usually works fine, but I got one on my iphone, and it wont load here. I'll work on it...

qks
    Attached Images
    QKShooter likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

You're going to have to be careful, you might burn your hand after a few rounds.... ;)
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    You're going to have to be careful, you might burn your hand after a few rounds.... ;)
    Yup, its the new light weight version. It offers better cooling and less drag for tactical situations.

I left the hand guard off because I still have a piece of rail coming I need to install before I put it on the gun, I should have that in hand in a day or two. I did put that short stubby forward grip on from Magpul, which had been previously against my religion. I was dead set against forward grips on an AR, but I changed my mind after spending a little time with a friends gun.
    SO, all I have to do is wait for the brown truck of glory to show up to the shop and delivery my happiness. (That and to locate a PRO from a distributor that I have an account with)
    "Just blame Sixto"

Yup, its the new light weight version. It offers better cooling and less drag for tactical situations.

I left the hand guard off because I still have a piece of rail coming I need to install before I put it on the gun, I should have that in hand in a day or two. I did put that short stubby forward grip on from Magpul, which had been previously against my religion. I was dead set against forward grips on an AR, but I changed my mind after spending a little time with a friends gun.
    SO, all I have to do is wait for the brown truck of glory to show up to the shop and delivery my happiness. (That and to locate a PRO from a distributor that I have an account with)
    I like forward grips on my AR's. Of course, I also had one on my 16 pretty much my whole time in aside from Boot Camp, where we had A2's. For me, they make the weapon more controllable, and where they really start to shine is in CQB IMO.

Also generally speaking, I think they make properly using a WML easier (sans pressure pad). I just make sure the light is in a spot where it is natural for the thumb to reach for activating the tail cap.

I have a few spare one lying around if you want to try out some different sized ones.

The picture is kinda blurry, but is that the uber-tacticool white spider on your BCG? I hear just having that painted on there gives you an extra 30 rounds per minute capability. Kinda like a Edelbrock sticker on an old chevy.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Forward grips are a huge benefit for me. When running the gun hard I can use it more like a handstop, but when I'm using it indoors or searching, I can wrap my fingers around it, bend my elbow a bit more and use my thumb to activate my light or laser, if so equipped. My hand always goes to the same place, without fail.

Also, it's great for barricade support. When your running hard and getting into position fast, it's a real benefit, for me at least. I've tried running slick and tried hand stops and AFG's, and after a serious effort I went back to very grips, mainly the Tango Down stubby, non-QD.

Oh, and Roger, the owner of Battle Arms Development (the Bad-ASS selectors I use) just sent me one of his 45 degree selectors. I like the OEM 45 degree selector on the SCAR since its positioned a bit higher, and this me is nice so far but it'll take some getting used to. I'll start a thread about it this week and update over the month I'm committed to running it before I decide if it's for me or not.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Forward grips are a huge benefit for me. When running the gun hard I can use it more like a handstop, but when I'm using it indoors or searching, I can wrap my fingers around it, bend my elbow a bit more and use my thumb to activate my light or laser, if so equipped. My hand always goes to the same place, without fail.

Also, it's great for barricade support. When your running hard and getting into position fast, it's a real benefit, for me at least. I've tried running slick and tried hand stops and AFG's, and after a serious effort I went back to very grips, mainly the Tango Down stubby, non-QD.

Oh, and Roger, the owner of Battle Arms Development (the Bad-ASS selectors I use) just sent me one of his 45 degree selectors. I like the OEM 45 degree selector on the SCAR since its positioned a bit higher, and this me is nice so far but it'll take some getting used to. I'll start a thread about it this week and update over the month I'm committed to running it before I decide if it's for me or not.
    [Glare] - more crap I need to add to my list [/Glare]

Sixto - I stand humblized. Forgive me for tarnishing your good name.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    [Glare] - more crap I need to add to my list [/Glare]

Sixto - I stand humblized. Forgive me for tarnishing your good name.
    STAND HUMBILIZED BEFORE ME!

No worries, it was all in fun. (and sometimes I do need a fire lit under me).
    Last edited by SIXTO; November 16th, 2011 at 08:45 AM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post

The picture is kinda blurry, but is that the uber-tacticool white spider on your BCG? I hear just having that painted on there gives you an extra 30 rounds per minute capability. Kinda like a Edelbrock sticker on an old chevy.
    LOL, yeah that is the dreaded white spider. It acts as the trunk monkey of the AR world. You do not need to take care in lining up your sights, just point in the general direction and the spider takes care of the rest. I think I might have it gold inlayed to match my tooth.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Administrator
    More, but slow, progress.

I ended up moving the forward grip a little more forward than what is pictured here, it probably wont stay there either.
    Attached Images
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Links