Gods help me, I may cross over to the dark [AR] side. Newby questions

This is a discussion on Gods help me, I may cross over to the dark [AR] side. Newby questions within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Mine is done. I've been through it......

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Gods help me, I may cross over to the dark [AR] side. Newby questions

Administrator
    Mine is done.

I've been through it...
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Well, PSA is on my "S" list. I don't care how busy you are, you respond to customer inquires, especially if you already have their money. You also do not notify the customer that you shipped a package, then sit on it for a week and a half.
    They did the same thing with me. The problem is in their shipping department. When they receive a part to ship, the first thing they do is put a UPS label on it, which generates an automated email to you from the UPS tracking system that a package has been received to ship. The problem is that the package is still sitting in PSA's shipping department. I emailed them asking why my FFL hasn't received a rifle and got a prompt and courteous reply explaining that they were backed up in shipping and that it would likely make it onto the truck the following week (which it did).

I'm not making excuses for them. Their shipping department needs some professional oversight. I am pleased with the rifle I received though. Granted, I haven't done any due diligence on it yet. Mrs. Whec promptly confiscated it so that she can give it to me for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Mine is done.
    Bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    ... Mrs. Whec promptly confiscated it so that she can give it to me for Christmas.
    Funny, Mrs. Sticks is doing the same darn thing. Package comes in, "Is that part of your gun?"..."Yup"..."Give it here".
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Ahh ok I understand you now Sticks, about just parts no "assembly".

Quote Originally Posted by Frogbones View Post
    Ahh ok I understand you now Sticks, about just parts no "assembly".
    Yup. A bag of LPK, a stripped lower, and a BCG. All should be just a matter of pulling it off the shelf and place it in the box, put the label they printed out a week ago on it, and hand it to the UPS guy. It's what every other retailer does.
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Whoo Hooo!!!!

My upper just shipped!!

Last thing I am waiting on is my Aimpoint PRO.

Spoiler Alert will be posted Christmas afternoon.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Administrator
    Whoo Hooo!!!!

My upper just shipped!!

Last thing I am waiting on is my Aimpoint PRO.

Spoiler Alert will be posted Christmas afternoon.
    Good luck with the PRO... as far as I know, the one I had is still back ordered. I'm plenty happy with the M2 I ended up with.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I suspect that given the time of year, that retailers are refusing delivery until after the first to keep inventory down.

Last I heard they were all waiting on customs to release them to Aimpoint USA, then get distributed down to the retailers.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

It's just not right. Kind of sad looking really.

More and better quality pics when the upper gets here...hopefully by Wednesday.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Looks like it's coming together; one piece at a time.

I got the same BCM and Magpul stickers
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I'm swimin' in BCM stickers. 5 I think.

Put the lower together last night. Pretty easy, but I also have watched 15 odd videos on it. Of all the crap I bought, I spaced the receiver block that goes in the mag well for clamping in a vice. That and a Front sight tool. Oops. Hopefully I can find one of those local.

The quality of the PSA lower and LPK I found to be pretty good, by my inexperienced eye. No flaws, the machining looks really good, anodizing is thorough. The trigger seems to be OK, not much creep, and fairly smooth. That ambi safety I got may have to go. Sticks out a little much on the right side and I can feel it when gripping. I should have bought jonconsiglios fru fru one when he was selling it.

The PSA bolt has the MPT marking on it, but I have not found the HPT. I need to disassemble and clean it. Nasty sticky crud on it from shipping.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

I'm swimin' in BCM stickers. 5 I think.Put the lower together last night. Pretty easy, but I also have watched 15 odd videos on it. Of all the crap I bought, I spaced the receiver block that goes in the mag well for clamping in a vice. That and a Front sight tool. Oops. Hopefully I can find one of those local.The quality of the PSA lower and LPK I found to be pretty good, by my inexperienced eye. No flaws, the machining looks really good, anodizing is thorough. The trigger seems to be OK, not much creep, and fairly smooth. That ambi safety I got may have to go. Sticks out a little much on the right side and I can feel it when gripping. I should have bought jonconsiglios fru fru one when he was selling it. The PSA bolt has the MPT marking on it, but I have not found the HPT. I need to disassemble and clean it. Nasty sticky crud on it from shipping.
    You're not going to need the receiver block for anything. The upper will just snap right on when it comes in. The only time you'll need that is when doing armorer level work on the rifle. Can't wait to see it...and shoot it!
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I have a couple of those stickers. I have some on my cases and my laptops.

Some hats. I can't find my Surefire hat or the other patch hat. I have a bag of patches too but can't find those either.

zacii likes this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I dig the white BCM hat
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I dig the white BCM hat
    It's more of a light tan, but it's definitely one of my favorite hats. I'd like one exactly the same except with the Velcro for patches like my green one. I have another one that takes the patches but I don't like the cut and don't even know where it is.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Links