Enhancing AK-47 iron sights question

This is a discussion on Enhancing AK-47 iron sights question within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; After reading this thread awhile ago and seeing the Mojo Sight Pirate has on his Saiga I decided to give it a try. Got it ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Enhancing AK-47 iron sights question

After reading this thread awhile ago and seeing the Mojo Sight Pirate has on his Saiga I decided to give it a try.

Got it in the mail today and stuck it on my 7.62. The sight picture is extremely better. I don't lose the front sight post behind the blade anymore. It is smaller than original blade, well made and easy to install.

Already thinking about doing the other AK's.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I think you will be pleased with the Mojo AK sights after you hit the range. They greatly enhance the sight picture over the original AK setup ......great photos from you as usual.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Yeah I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Been walking around house and yard looking through it. I adjust the rifle with the peep set up faster than the blade.

Thanks for compliment on pics.

first time owner ak

i have just purchased and tried my first ak. loved it. I have been thinking about this for a rear mount sight to be used with the front iron sight any experience here with this? just mount this to the scope mount ATN Ultra Sights 4 Ret Dot/Circle/ Hair /+ - Natchez Shooters Supplies

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    If you want to pait your Irons for Hi-Vis, this is what you want right here:
    Glow-On

VIP Member
    Krebs is good but spendy. My thing is that I red dot my AK's anyway so why not keep the irons stock and spend the upgrade money on a red dot.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

testor's model paint works very well and comes in a wide host of colors and finishes..plus its cheap and found almost everywhere.
    I paint my sks sights and I'm happy with the results.
    Another option to consider is the plastic replacement front posts. Some are translucent and seem like a good option. I don't have any personal experience with them though. I can't say if they are effective our durable, but I'm considering trying them.
    I'll keep my freedom, my liberty, and my guns. You can keep the change.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links