ak47?

This is a discussion on ak47? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have an Inter Ordnance AK, made in Monroe, NC. It has never failed me in any test. Stuck with tapco mags, and they have ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: ak47?

I have an Inter Ordnance AK, made in Monroe, NC. It has never failed me in any test. Stuck with tapco mags, and they have never let me down. I normally run Wolf through.
    When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend. - US Marine Corps

2. Remove Ads

I've got a Hungarian AMD-65 variant and love it. Short barrell, side folding stock (if you can call it that). It's eaten everything I've fed it without a hiccup and is accurate enough. Extremely handy little rifle.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

AK$&

I worked at Century arms for 3 years. When I was there the only quality control was the floor supervisor would come around and pick up a couple of guns off of the pallet and check them over. I am told by a reliable source that things are much better now. As for the quality of the Romanian AKs from what I've seen of them lately, they look pretty good. They look like they are still coming in as WASR 10s which means that they are still coming in fully assembled from ROMARM and then the required US parts percentage are added here. Hammer,Trigger, Sear,Pistol Grip, Gas Piston, Mag Floor Plate and Follower appear to be the current replacement parts. I have been shooting mine since "99" with no problems to report ever. Granted I cherry picked mine and even test fired it before taking it home, but still no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsmoke16 View Post
    The Egyptian Maadis used to be the cheapest at around about $200. They were a basic AK variant with what looked like a laminated plywood stock that made them lightweight. I had a Chinese Norinco Mac 90 variant that was an excellent gun. The stock was quite heavy/bulky though. They have a chrome-lined barrel and are very accurate. Used to bust rocks about size of grapefruits and such with it at around 200 yards open sights, no problem.
    I just went thru the process of buying an AK and I settled on a Norinco as well. Brand new never fired off of Gunbroker. So far it is great. I read a lot and talked to many. They told me Russian AK if $1000 was my target and the Norinco if I wanted to stay in the 5-600 range. I read many places that the WASR was not a quality firearm. I can not verify more than what I read. The key is if it is for fun as mine is I do not need optics. I just need load and fire at the outdoor range. Accuracy stays with my Remmington 700 or AR 15.

Be sure to search this site for threads. I did and found a few sites to link to that were helpful. I also went to AK47.net. Good read.

Good luck on the purchase. They are fun.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Ex Member
    Century makes good guns. Snobs just keep repeating the same old stories about their lack of quality. I have owned 3-4 WASR's and ALL WERE 100% RELIABLE.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links