The Top 5 Weapons of Pentagon's Deadliest Sniper

This is a discussion on The Top 5 Weapons of Pentagon's Deadliest Sniper within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Yankeejib I've got some desert camo BVD's that a guy who can really shoot used to wear. You wear those inside or ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Top 5 Weapons of Pentagon's Deadliest Sniper

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    I've got some desert camo BVD's that a guy who can really shoot used to wear.
    You wear those inside or outside your digital camo speedo?
    bigmacque likes this.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Well... According to the above, I must be some type of ninja.
    You're Asian? Cool.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I use a bag of rocks and a sling shot with a new rubber band in oak camo I have 28 confirmed kills (chip munks and squirrels)

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    You're Asian? Cool.
    Chigau
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    338 Lapua, Ooh Rah!

I wish I had the dough for something which shoots that round!
    I wish I had the dough to shoot mine!

zacii likes this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    You wear those inside or outside your digital camo speedo?
    The speedo only comes out for special occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    The speedo only comes out for special occasions.
    I'm wearing mine right now....mmmmhhhmmmm

Or.... You could just get those rifles because you spend a whole lot of time shooting and truly enjoy long range precision. Or.... you could have those rifles because you work in the industry. Or..., you could buy them because you're a collector of military weaponry.

That last line of yours... It's actually a sad reality that many think that way. It's also a sad reality that others think people are trying to be some type of operator because they own nice weapons that many don't understand a need for because they've never been exposed to it. I know two doctors, an ex Ranger, a guy that owns three tv stations here in town and an oil guy that each have over $100,000 easily in rifles. A local guy has over 2 million in shotguns alone. I haven't called him any names yet, but maybe I'll give that a try when he's at the range next time.

I have two Barretts, five ARs, two SCARs, a 700 and numerous other weapons. Out of curiosity, what would you call me then?
    That depends: How far away are you?

Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    That depends: How far away are you?

Never any farther than a thousand meters!

Jon, you have an AI .338?

When I get down there I may have to buy some ammo to feed that girl.

She's at the top of my wish list before retirement or power ball, which ever comes first.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Jon, you have an AI .338?

When I get down there I may have to buy some ammo to feed that girl.

She's at the top of my wish list before retirement or power ball, which ever comes first.
    No. I have the Barrett 98b and the m82. I'm actually thinking about doing a serious house cleaning and putting my collection on a serious diet. If I do that, I'll likely dump both of those rifles, which I'll hate doing, and but an Accuracy Internation AW or maybe the AX (most likely the AW) in 300 or 338. Actually, I've been thinking about one in 308, butif I do that, the big ones will have to wait. But, I'd be able to shoot it a heck of a lot more and I. Ly reach out past 1,000 meters a couple times a year.

You need to work on your skills a bit. Those are 1500m guns easy. I know we are talking about drops and windage in feet, but c'mon, it's not like you don't have room to shoot.
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    You need to work on your skills a bit. Those are 1500m guns easy. I know we are talking about drops and windage in feet, but c'mon, it's not like you don't have room to shoot.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I can smoke 'em at 1,500+ (well, not really I kinda suck at long range), I was just letting FTG-05 know that I'd be within 1,000 meters of him!

Some time this year I'm going to try to make it to a true long range precision class. I'm OK but I really want to get better at reading wind, making adjustments and the major thing would be working on 1st round hits at extreme distances. I can eventually make my hits, but I want to be able to do it with the first shot.

Lots of professionals want to be able to make that extreme range cold shot, only a handful can.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links