The Top 5 Weapons of Pentagon's Deadliest Sniper - Page 3

The Top 5 Weapons of Pentagon's Deadliest Sniper

This is a discussion on The Top 5 Weapons of Pentagon's Deadliest Sniper within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by jonconsiglio Some time this year I'm going to try to make it to a true long range precision class. I'm OK but ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Top 5 Weapons of Pentagon's Deadliest Sniper

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Some time this year I'm going to try to make it to a true long range precision class. I'm OK but I really want to get better at reading wind, making adjustments and the major thing would be working on 1st round hits at extreme distances. I can eventually make my hits, but I want to be able to do it with the first shot.
    Jonconsiglio, come on up to Missouri. It's only about 8 or 9 hour drive from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

The entire staff of Bear Creek Tactical are former USMC Scout Snipers and either former or current FBI snipers and snipers with the Missouri State Highway Patrol.

Professional Training from Experienced Experts

From Former FBI Agents, Former Marines, and Retired Law Inforcement with over a century of combined experience. The names and resumes of our staff speak for themselves. At Bear Creek Tactical, our goal is to provide a unique depth and variety of firearms and tactical knowledge. Do you want Advanced Sniper Training? Well, we can put you 2000 meters from a target with proven graduates of the U.S. Marine Corps Sniper School and the FBI's Advanced Sniper Course. We have the experts.
    If you come to Bear Creek, let me know and we can hook-up and do some shooting after your class. I'm only an hour and a half from there and used to live about 15 mile from there. I know the area well.

If you can make an additional 4 hour side trip to St. Louis, we can hook up with a good friend of mine who is also a former USMC Scout Sniper and do some shooting in St. Louis too.
    jonconsiglio likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Lots of professionals want to be able to make that extreme range cold shot, only a handful can.
    I was talking about first round hits at those distances with my Glock 17... I can already do it with my rifles. ;)

I'm joking obviously about Glock. It's cool to ring steel at 1,000 meters, but there's something really cool about doing it on the first round.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

308 is still my personal favorite, I envy some of your gun collections I'm slowly but surely building mine, I have a wife and son and a mortgage on military pay so It's going slow, but I am basing my collection on military firearms, especially ones that I have experience with, I'm in the market for an m-14 if you know somebody that's trying to part with one reasonably
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

All weapons are 99% accurate and most Snipers, Marksmen and Chief Chris Kyle will agree it's the nut behind the butt. The numbers donít lie that a faster and heavier ballistic coefficient will definitely get you down town, but remember when your bragging to your buddy's about the larger caliber choice, the extra 15 to 30 + pounds you have to carry to the prom.

Everyone wants skinny girl but also want the fat girl result. Iím sure Chief Chris Kyle will agree itís not the counting, but the consistency, training, techniques that got him the trip home with Prom Queen. MK 11 is a superb weapon on a fine platform, so quit with the Jamming, Mechanical, and Feeding issues already. Also, donít worry about counting, youíll have to wait for the IRAN War or the 2nd US Revolution how about a Zombie Apocalypse.

Hereís some numbers for the intelligent and not so. (5.56 0 Ė350 yards), (7.62 x 51 0 Ė1000 yards), ( .300 Win Mag 0 Ė 1200 Yards), ( .338 and 12.7 x 99 0-1700 + yards) under normal conditions of course. Chief Chris Kyle, congrats on the confirms.

JVR out

Nice stuff, all I will ever do is knock down deer with my 270 savage but that's my enjoyment.

I have a confirmed and several unconfirmed kills, between me and you I know I hit them and that had to have bleed out we just couldn't get to them before it was really dark and they might have crossed the river/swamp or got washed downriver. Nothing really is cool about it especially when you get the bill from the taxidermist.

have you a videos of the war of the iraq.can you share these videos with us???

I thought his confirmed (Which I think means documented and witnessed) number was closer to 160 kills, though he likely had more- possibly even closer to the 255 mark quoted in the article in the OP.

That being said, I read American Sniper a couple weeks ago and it was a fantastic read, I could hardly put it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Jonconsiglio, come on up to Missouri. It's only about 8 or 9 hour drive from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

The entire staff of Bear Creek Tactical are former USMC Scout Snipers and either former or current FBI snipers and snipers with the Missouri State Highway Patrol.

If you come to Bear Creek, let me know and we can hook-up and do some shooting after your class. I'm only an hour and a half from there and used to live about 15 mile from there. I know the area well.

If you can make an additional 4 hour side trip to St. Louis, we can hook up with a good friend of mine who is also a former USMC Scout Sniper and do some shooting in St. Louis too.
    I don't know how I missed this. I'm going to look into it and I'll PM you. Sorry about that!
    Bark'n likes this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Kyle recently started Craft International. A guy I know may be working for them. We're planning an LE class here, so I'm not sure if it'll be under Craft or not.

VIP Member
    I've stashed 1000 new brass and a bunch of Sierra 250's for my 338WM. It's not as cool as the Lapua, but it hits like a 44mag at long range. Sighted at 600m I can use all the mil-dots out to 1km without screwing with any caps. In the pack with the Mildot Master (thankyou) are a barometer, anemometer, thermometer, and altimeter (and a sissy recoil pad). 1.5km cold shots are way out of my league.

It's also fun to think about scale. The USS Iowa can throw VW's 24 mi. and cover a football field. with 40 gr solids, my 10/22 sighted in at 50' comes back at 90 yds and drops about 4' more at 200yds. After setup on a power line, we'll walk a couple hundred yards, turn, and randomly toss out pop cans on the return. We range and solve through a 4-16X42 Nikon mil-dot. While inexpensive, it's not as satisfying as the 50BMG, but when the boys hit the 500yd range with the AR10, not much ammo is wasted.

I'd like to get them out to 1k, but after they saw me work the 338 bolt gun, they decided to pass for now.
    Attached Images
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    So, 255 "confirmed" kills. Impressive, but how many does that mean he probably had that they couldn't confirm? That man saved a lot of American lives.
    Walk softly ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links