The Top 5 Weapons of Pentagon's Deadliest Sniper

This is a discussion on The Top 5 Weapons of Pentagon's Deadliest Sniper within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A short but interesting list of retired Navy SEAL Chief Chris Kyle's favorite sniper rifles from U.S. News & World Report. 255 kills. Damn....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The Top 5 Weapons of Pentagon's Deadliest Sniper

The Top 5 Weapons of Pentagon's Deadliest Sniper

A short but interesting list of retired Navy SEAL Chief Chris Kyle's favorite sniper rifles from U.S. News & World Report.

255 kills.

Damn.

2. Remove Ads

That's a lot of kills. A SEAL that is good friends with a ex-Ranger/contractor buddy of mine had 80 kills with a rifle I posted pics of here and that seemed like a lot. 255... That's crazy.

Edit - I have all but the 300 right now. He basically listed every rifle in the American snipers arsenal though and just put them in order. I liked seeing he put an 18" AR (mk12) at the top of the list. For a precision round, the 338 is really hard to beat in overall performance. Too bad it's so expensive to shoot.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I have a friend who's second cousin used to date an ex navy seal who became a delta operator in order to get a job in a private security company's kidnap recovery team. He only has 90 kill's but only 84 of them are confirmed. He used a remington 700 URQ configuration with a specal Nikon scope with the ability to see around corners. He was able to curve his bullets to make shots that would otherwise be impossible. He also carried an M-4 with two lights on either side...( the world is made up of left, and right hand turns) A red dot, a thermak lense by Flike electronics so he could shoot at images through walls, It had a single point sling and was painted with the new chamelion pattern camo, to blend in with whatever surroundings. He was also armed with two H&K .45 pistols both silenced. On his back he carried a K&K MP5 silenced. IN one cargo pocket a S&W model 60, and in the other cargo pocket a S&W .22 revolver with a special flash gap gasket so it could be silenced.

Now I'm gonna get all that stuff so I can be a bad a$$ ninja stealth sniper operator too...

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    I have a friend who's second cousin used to date an ex navy seal who became a delta operator in order to get a job in a private security company's kidnap recovery team. He only has 90 kill's but only 84 of them are confirmed. He used a remington 700 URQ configuration with a specal Nikon scope with the ability to see around corners. He was able to curve his bullets to make shots that would otherwise be impossible. He also carried an M-4 with two lights on either side...( the world is made up of left, and right hand turns) A red dot, a thermak lense by Flike electronics so he could shoot at images through walls, It had a single point sling and was painted with the new chamelion pattern camo, to blend in with whatever surroundings. He was also armed with two H&K .45 pistols both silenced. On his back he carried a K&K MP5 silenced. IN one cargo pocket a S&W model 60, and in the other cargo pocket a S&W .22 revolver with a special flash gap gasket so it could be silenced.

Now I'm gonna get all that stuff so I can be a bad a$$ ninja stealth sniper operator too...
    That dude beat me at the pool table too.

I remember seeing several video clips from the war in Iraq where several snipers are exclaiming,"man it's like a turkey shoot",255 is a lot,but it was a different war than Vietnam,and even WW2,a lot of the enemy had no combat skills other than being able to pull the trigger.One good thing is those 255 were never able to shoot at friendly forces again
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I remember seeing several video clips from the war in Iraq where several snipers are exclaiming,"man it's like a turkey shoot",255 is a lot,but it was a different war than Vietnam,and even WW2,a lot of the enemy had no combat skills other than being able to pull the trigger.One good thing is those 255 were never able to shoot at friendly forces again
    That was Travis Haley when he was with Blackwater.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Or.... You could just get those rifles because you spend a whole lot of time shooting and truly enjoy long range precision. Or.... you could have those rifles because you work in the industry. Or..., you could buy them because you're a collector of military weaponry.

That last line of yours... It's actually a sad reality that many think that way. It's also a sad reality that others think people are trying to be some type of operator because they own nice weapons that many don't understand a need for because they've never been exposed to it. I know two doctors, an ex Ranger, a guy that owns three tv stations here in town and an oil guy that each have over $100,000 easily in rifles. A local guy has over 2 million in shotguns alone. I haven't called him any names yet, but maybe I'll give that a try when he's at the range next time.

I have two Barretts, five ARs, two SCARs, a 700 and numerous other weapons. Out of curiosity, what would you call me then?
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Or.... You could just get those rifles because you spend a whole lot of time shooting and truly enjoy long range precision. Or.... you could have those rifles because you work in the industry. Or..., you could buy them because you're a collector of military weaponry.

That last line of yours... It's actually a sad reality that many think that way. It's also a sad reality that others think people are trying to be some type of operator because they own nice weapons that many don't understand a need for because they've never been exposed to it. I know two doctors, an ex Ranger, a guy that owns three tv stations here in town and an oil guy that each have over $100,000 easily in rifles. A local guy has over 2 million in shotguns alone. I haven't called him any names yet, but maybe I'll give that a try when he's at the range next time.

I have two Barretts, five ARs, two SCARs, a 700 and numerous other weapons. Out of curiosity, what would you call me then?
    Well armed?

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Well armed?
    Well... According to the above, I must be some type of ninja.
    bigmacque and Secret Spuk like this.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Jon, I call you lucky, let me know if your ever in Indiana, we have to hook up so I can shoot that MP5 of yours, HotGuns, your invited to bring yours also.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Well... According to the above, I must be some type of ninja.
    Sir... Maybe it was a poor attempt at being humorous. I meant no defamation or harm. I envy your collection. I also have way more fireams than most reasonable people would understand. You would understand though I'm sure. Again it was an attempt at humor. I'd love to own a barrett. I would if I could swing the price.

I own all manner of police service pistol, revolver, shotgun, and rifle. A lot of em. With matching period, and correct holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    Jon, I call you lucky, let me know if your ever in Indiana, we have to hook up so I can shoot that MP5 of yours, HotGuns, your invited to bring yours also.
    I actually sold it a few months back. I'm getting ready to do a very serious house cleaning and get rid of a majority of my stuff. I'll be keeping my ARs, but then I'm going to keep just a couple precision rifles. Everything that's not of a common caliber is going as well.

I'm not sure if I'm goin to keep anything over 7.62x51. I may do an Accuracy International in 300 eventually though. I haven't decided yet.

Sir... Maybe it was a poor attempt at being humorous. I meant no defamation or harm. I envy your collection. I also have way more fireams than most reasonable people would understand. You would understand though I'm sure. Again it was an attempt at humor. I'd love to own a barrett. I would if I could swing the price.

I own all manner of police service pistol, revolver, shotgun, and rifle. A lot of em. With matching period, and correct holsters.
    Just call me Jon. No man, I knew it was being humerous, or at least I expected it was. I was just replying in general with the expectation that someone would come in and call me some kind of "operator"..!

If I worded it in a less than joking way, it's because of some goofball with absolutely no experience or training in another thread (many threads) stepped way out of line with his "advice" or generally rude comments based on no knowledge or experience and I posted a reply to that thread. His nonsense is so out of line and he basically said some things in this thread and another thread that could lead to very bad and wrong info being passed, especially to new people.

If you look at my recent posts, it's only a couple back. Then the other thread that started it all is the "Do You Ever...." thread about church carry.

Sorry of I came across any way negative.

I've got some desert camo BVD's that a guy who can really shoot used to wear.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

338 Lapua, Ooh Rah!

I wish I had the dough for something which shoots that round!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links