need help with winchester model 100 high cap mags

This is a discussion on need help with winchester model 100 high cap mags within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anyone ever heard of or personally know how to modify other high cap rifle mags to fit a winchester model 100 in .308/7.62x54, thanks ...

Thread: need help with winchester model 100 high cap mags

need help with winchester model 100 high cap mags

Has anyone ever heard of or personally know how to modify other high cap rifle mags to fit a winchester model 100 in .308/7.62x54, thanks in advance
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

2. Remove Ads

No but 308 is 7.62x51
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

My bad, I do my typing from my smart phone, fat fingers small buttons
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

Can't help you out on hi-cap magazines or an effective modification but that is one cool rifle just as it is! It's one of those unsung designs that was well-engineered. It featured a one-piece stock with attractive lines when competitive semi-auto sporter rifles had two-piece stocks. Only thing was, it was too expensive to manufacture and sell at a competitive price and so ended up discontinued. It's a shame too as it was high quality, rugged and accurate. It has a cult following among the knowledgeable. In my opinion it was a definite step up from the Remington Model 742.

A old business associate once had a Model 100 in .284 Winchester. He thought it had a bad bore but it was just badly fouled. He'd never cleaned it once since he bought it brand new. The rifle gave 8-inch 5-shot groups at 100 yards from the bench rest. I took it home one day and scrubbed the bore, soaking it in Sweet's 7.62 bore solvent until all copper fouling was removed. After that it shot very well. I enjoyed playing with the rifle and the cartridge. Always had a yen for one.

A company named Colyer used to make an 8-round extension magazine many years ago. I didn't figure one could be found these days but hit on one on a search. It would be a handy little addition to the fellow with a Winchester Model 100.

ARMSLIST - For Sale: Colyer model 1088 magazine
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Thanks, I have a ten round and a five round mag for mine, a lot of people say you can't even find the ten round mags anymore, I'm gonna break it down and give it a more aggressive and better cleaning. Being a "rare" rifle is cool but getting stuff for it is a pain and expensive, might trade it for another rifle or just keep it hanging around as my hunting rifle

Links