Mossberg Just-In-Case Kit

This is a discussion on Mossberg Just-In-Case Kit within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "In case of emergency. In case of zombie outbreak. In case of rabid squirrel attacks whatever the case, you can rely on the Mossberg ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By JerryMac
  • 1 Post By Eaglebeak
  • 1 Post By PAcanis

Thread: Mossberg Just-In-Case Kit

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar

Mossberg Just-In-Case Kit

"In case of emergency. In case of zombie outbreak. In case of rabid squirrel attacks whatever the case, you can rely on the Mossberg Just-In-Case Kit ($360). This all-in-one survival pack includes a 12 gauge Mossberg 500 Pump-Action shotgun inside a re-sealable clear bag, inside a waterproof synthetic carrying tube which also holds gear like a "Survival Kit in a Can" and a multi-tool and serrated knife combo pack."

Good concept but I'm suspecting the biggest criticism is going to be about the absence of a stock - from what I can tell, there isn't one.
    DCG

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Thats been out for a while. I'm not sure why anybody would want that configuration in that packaging... but whatever floats your boat.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Thats been out for a while. I'm not sure why anybody would want that configuration in that packaging... but whatever floats your boat.
    Its for the tactical tube. Not to mention Mossberg brand sardines.

The Mossberg website shows it being used by a backpacker. I can appreciate portability for camping and activities of that nature but I agree about the canister, there are better ways to transport your gun. A small rifle bag with pouches or compartments would probably be much more useful than a canister. Its a neat packaging concept but not sure how practical it is, per se.

I could see buying it and attaching a stock. them use the case for something. a waterproof case is probably cheap to find though.

might be good for buying and burying.

I think their stainless steel model in that set-up is a decent concept for people that live on or travel a lot in their boats, other than that it would be targeted for the survivalist people who stockpile a lot of stuff that won't really be used for anything other than zombie apocalypses. You need to be prepared, sure, but this is a little too much IMO.

I don't think it's made for shooters, I think it's made for the "do something and feel safe" crowd. And there are a lot of those out there buying first guns.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

I think it is for he survivalist that want something to bury in case they need something to dig up.....
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Don't matter if it's tasty sardines, a shotgun, a brainless "hunk" (male or female), or that huge bag of tortilla chips that's only half full; it's all about the primordial allure of the "package" itself that makes the sale - and not necessarily the quality or amount of its contents.
    Rockymonster likes this.

Can the tube be turned into a hand held cannon? Like the one Capt Kirk used to shoot that lizard guy with?
    dbsmith54 likes this.

Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Just in case does no good without ammo. You would have thunk they'd have stocked it up for you.

It's a gimmick for the uninformed who want something to make them feel like they have prepared for a SHTF scenario. Gun companies are not above trying to make money off of naive people any more than any other industry is. And I don't blame them one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    Same here. I have one of these. It is a handy little rifle with some real world applications.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Agreed, its a marketing ploy.

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    Can the tube be turned into a hand held cannon? Like the one Capt Kirk used to shoot that lizard guy with?
    Only if your Spock can find you some salt peter and charcoal.

I prefer my 9mm "case o' love". G26, KT Sub2000, 3 extra 33rd mags, 2 extra 17 rd mags (all interchangeable), and 350 rounds in boxes underneath, all in a handy togo. It is a little heavy.

Links