Adding picatinny rail to a stock Mossberg foregrip. Help!

This is a discussion on Adding picatinny rail to a stock Mossberg foregrip. Help! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I want to add a two inch piece of picatinny rail to the foregrip of my Mossberg 500 SPX. I don't know who's rail has ...

Thread: Adding picatinny rail to a stock Mossberg foregrip. Help!

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar

Adding picatinny rail to a stock Mossberg foregrip. Help!

I want to add a two inch piece of picatinny rail to the foregrip of my Mossberg 500 SPX. I don't know who's rail has the curve on the back side to marry up to the grip.
    Any help in pointing me in the right direction if you know of some with the curved back would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mitch

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    why not just get a railed foregrip?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Heres a site...google is your friend
    EGW Savage Picatinny Rail Rifle Scope Mounts and Shotgun Mounts - Black FREE S&H 41000, 41002, 41100, 41102, 41010, 41012, 41020, 41022, 41110, 41112. Evolution Gun Works Riflescope Mounts, Rings &
    If thats too long you can either cut it down to length,or buy a shorter flat section and using a dremel and round sanding drum and round it our yourself
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Why not a mag tube mount?

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    why not just get a railed foregrip?
    I just want some rail in one spot and if I can get a piece for $20, I would rather do that then spend $70+ for a decent foregrip.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Heres a site...google is your friend
    EGW Savage Picatinny Rail Rifle Scope Mounts and Shotgun Mounts - Black FREE S&H 41000, 41002, 41100, 41102, 41010, 41012, 41020, 41022, 41110, 41112. Evolution Gun Works Riflescope Mounts, Rings &
    If thats too long you can either cut it down to length,or buy a shorter flat section and using a dremel and round sanding drum and round it our yourself
    Thanks Dukalmighty!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Why not a mag tube mount?

I'm considering that too but I'd like to keep the light on the foregrip where I can work the switch with my thumb and not have to worry about a cord. I've looked at the Surefire foregrips but they are a little too expensive. Thanks for the reply and picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
    I'm considering that too but I'd like to keep the light on the foregrip where I can work the switch with my thumb and not have to worry about a cord. I've looked at the Surefire foregrips but they are a little too expensive. Thanks for the reply and picture.
    I dremmeled a little recessed area out of the forearm for the pressure switch so it sits flush. The velcro attachment is worthless, but I found a tiny little dot of hot glue holds the switch forever until I'm ready to pry it off, then the tip of the knife pulls the dried glue dot right off as well.

Update - I ended up buying a tri-rail forend (Mako Group) from Amazon. It should be here by next weekend. Now time to decide on a light. I looked at a Nextorch TL1 at te LGS. Nice light, very bright (200 lumens) and well made. Looks like they are new in the US. The only thing I don't like is there is no remote switch option. It will probably be between that or a streamlight. I'll post a picture when it is all done. Thanks for the replys.

Well, I got all my parts in today and couldn't be happier. I ordered a Mako Group Tri-rail forend, a single point sling adapter, and a single point sling. Then I picked up a Nextorch TL1 light (pistol light) at the LGS. The light is perfect on there. I can control the switch for momentary or constant on with my index finger. No cord to worry about and with 200 lumens, it is blinding. I like too that the edge of the light beam catches the front sight. You can see the sight.

2011-12-15_16.42.36.jpg2011-12-15_16.45.27.jpg2011-12-15_16.46.28.jpg2011-12-15_17.16.26.jpg

VIP Member
    Wow, that is a pimped out shotgun.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Links