1022 - Hellfire System

This is a discussion on 1022 - Hellfire System within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Someone talk to me about a Ruger 1022 and the Hellfire triggering system . Do they make them for this rifle and does one size ...

Thread: 1022 - Hellfire System

1022 - Hellfire System

Someone talk to me about a Ruger 1022 and the Hellfire triggering system. Do they make them for this rifle and does one size fit all (M-4s, Ranch Rifles, AKs, etc etc) and do they work? This would be a stopgap for buying a NFA Trust, which is also on the horizon. Thanks in advance for your insight. Oh... and Merry Christmas y'all.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

The only Hellfire system I know is too big for your 1022. It is fire and forget though so it's quite accurate.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

I played with one many years ago and it wasn't very reliable and was hard to get adjusted. I also played with a trigger that had a crank with a cam that engaged the trigger a couple times for every turn. It was a lot more reliable than the Hellfire trigger but it always seemed a bit unsafe to me with the big crank hanging off the side of the trigger. The crank was probably the closest to the FA 10/22, but neither is a real substitute IMO.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

We have one and it sucks.(Hellfire) its great when it works 10% of the time but its super finicky. The "gay trigger" is the one mentioned above and is awesome. Can be had for $35?? Look on YouTube there is a video of a 1022 with one

IMHO junk and a waste of money,shoot the 10/22 the way it was meant,semi auto accurate shots
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Thanks everyone for the insight... looks like an NFA-T is on the to do list. Thanks again!
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    IMHO junk and a waste of money,shoot the 10/22 the way it was meant,semi auto accurate shots
    +1 Don't waste your money.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links