Kel Tec Shotgun

This is a discussion on Kel Tec Shotgun within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Kel-Tec Shotgun (KSG) - YouTube I was thumbing through a gun magazine at the store and saw an ad for this. I wonder what the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bark'n

Thread: Kel Tec Shotgun

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

Kel Tec Shotgun

Kel-Tec Shotgun (KSG) - YouTube

I was thumbing through a gun magazine at the store and saw an ad for this. I wonder what the quality will be compared to Remington and Mossberg?
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

2. Remove Ads

If you really want to know all the in's and out's of the Kel-Tec KSG shotgun, watch the Nutnfancy video series he did on that shotgun.

He has done the most extensive field testing on that particular shotgun than anyone else I have found. One of the guys there running the gun with him is a Kel-Tec rep/gunsmith named Chad.

The gun has a few shortcomings but most of them seem to be training issues. A word of caution: At around 45 minutes for each part, these videos are lengthy and can drag out, but you won't find a more honest assessment, and see the gun get a hard workout in Nutnfancy's run-n-gun testing. He also puts it up against a traditional pump shotgun and a Saiga 12 running the same course for comparison.

Feel free to skip around within the video if all you want to see is the action shooting scenes.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4
    mr.stuart likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Meh - 14 shells is a lot of weight to swing around, though the bullpup design helps offset that somewhat. Personally, I do not even run an extended mag tube on my pump shotgun - I prefer to keep it light and easy to swing. I started a thread a while back, asking if anyone had ever heard of anyone needing more than 1 or 2 shotgun blasts for home defense - no one seemed to. I think this is way overkill, but I'm sure it will sell like hotcakes.

I'm actually fighting the urge to go more retro - and get myself a side-by-side coach gun. Would be a nice complement to my lever gun.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Meh - 14 shells is a lot of weight to swing around, though the bullpup design helps offset that somewhat. Personally, I do not even run an extended mag tube on my pump shotgun - I prefer to keep it light and easy to swing. I started a thread a while back, asking if anyone had ever heard of anyone needing more than 1 or 2 shotgun blasts for home defense - no one seemed to. I think this is way overkill, but I'm sure it will sell like hotcakes.

I'm actually fighting the urge to go more retro - and get myself a side-by-side coach gun. Would be a nice complement to my lever gun.
    I like coach guns, too... But you need the kel tec for the inevitable ZOMBIE attack... And just for the cool factor... But, I'd settle for a coach gun for the usual HD scenario. probably
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

I was looking to buy one untill I saw it being shot , it looks very hard to handle,reload and shoot.
    I'll think I'll stick to my Mossburg 500
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Links