Finn mosin range day

Finn mosin range day

This is a discussion on Finn mosin range day within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Not quite a defensive rifle, but fun none the less. On our second trip out we accomplished this. Were only 30 rounds into our relationship, ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By pirate

Thread: Finn mosin range day

Finn mosin range day

Not quite a defensive rifle, but fun none the less.

On our second trip out we accomplished this. Were only 30 rounds into our relationship, still getting acquainted.

Off a bench at 100 yards. Did learn at that distance to either have a smaller target or back up to 200. 8" took up almost the entire front sight.

Love the stock.. are the harmonics ok with it?
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

You'll have to forgive me, as this is the first rifle I've shot with any real attempt at accuracy, harmonics?

Wow, what a ramped up Mosin! Sweet!

I have a 1942 Izhevsk 91/30 that I bought in September. It's pretty much standard and I plan to keep it that way.

Have only fired it a few times and I love it. Mosin's can be quite addictive, I'd like to have an M44 carbine too.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by kinoons View Post
    You'll have to forgive me, as this is the first rifle I've shot with any real attempt at accuracy, harmonics?
    Rifle Accuracy: Barrel Harmonics Effects on Rifle Accuracy Explained

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Good read, quite interesting. I'm not sure how to tell how good the harmonics are or are not. From what I can tell from shots on paper they seem to be pretty tight.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    That's not a Finnish Mosin Nagant these are

Finn M39 (VKT)

Just kidding nice target setup with the old Finn.

Rack of Mosins
    JoJoGunn and peckman28 like this.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Mosins are awesome. I recently got one of the budsgunshop ones they're advertising. Best $109 I spent on a rifle since forever.

Quote Originally Posted by kinoons View Post
    Good read, quite interesting. I'm not sure how to tell how good the harmonics are or are not. From what I can tell from shots on paper they seem to be pretty tight.
    I figured you put the new stock on the gun. I was wondering if the was a difference in accuracy for the stock configuration to the new one.

Tell us more about that rifle, the stock, and the big aperture sight. Looks like it can shoot. Which ammunition did you use in it for the groups?

I was just given a Mosin Nagant 91/30 for Christmas by my brother-in-law. My son has had an M44 for several years and now I have something in 7.62X54 to play with along side him and my B-I-L.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Actual my Finn is as issued by the Finnish army. It's referred to as a model 28/76. The Finns decided to turn old model m28's into target rifles and this is the result. Only the bipod, a Parker hale, is not Finn issue.

At this point I'm shooting Norma production ammo, but once I save up about 80 spent casings Im going to start handloading

More can be found here.
    http://www.estonianarms.com/2876.htm

Links