Palmetto State Armory

This is a discussion on Palmetto State Armory within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just got my PSA M4 standard carbine. Wow, what a nice rifle. Not bad at all for $600. Fit and finish is very good. Ran ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palmetto State Armory

Palmetto State Armory

Just got my PSA M4 standard carbine. Wow, what a nice rifle. Not bad at all for $600. Fit and finish is very good. Ran 360 rounds through it today for break-in. 200 rounds of Federal .223 and 160 rounds of M855. She functioned flawlessly. Not a single bobble of any kind with the stock magazine and PMags. VERY happy camper here with this one from PSA.

2. Remove Ads

Congrats! It's nice when you get one that surpasses your expectations! Enjoy.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Congrats! It's nice when you get one that surpasses your expectations! Enjoy.
    They're a fairly "young" company, but they came highly recommended and pretty much everything I read on-line about them was positive. Took just a hair over three weeks from the time I placed my order to it being delivered to my FFL. Not bad at all, especially since I placed the order right before Thanksgiving weekend. They were also doing a Black Friday sale for $50 stripped lowers.

Lead Moderator
    sounds like they are making some nice AR's. I just got my AR lower for a build project down the road. looks nearly as nice as my Stag.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Just got my PSA M4 complete upper last week (Paid $379). I have not had the chance to run it yet but the fit and finish appears to compare well to my Spikes Tactical and S&W MP15 rifles. I am running this upper on a Spikes lower I built a while back.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Senior Moderator
    The PMA reciever is made by Aero Precision. Aero makes the lowers for several popular brands, Spikes Tactical being one of them.

I got 6 PMA lowers last week and all of them look great. They run sales on lowers every few months.

I thought about doing a group buy for some more lowers next time around.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    What kind of deal do you think we could get?
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

VIP Member
    I just unwrapped a PSA as well and will be taking it out to the 'country' today.

Senior Moderator

I dont know. It might not be worth it by the time you figure cost,shipping and dealer transfer fee.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I dont know. It might not be worth it by the time you figure cost,shipping and dealer transfer fee.
    I don't know if it would be worth it, either. They routinely go on sale for $49, around holidays. I know that some guys can get their ffl dealers to do several lowers on one transfer, so that would be a good buy. But, at $25 a pop I don't know if it's a deal or not.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Senior Moderator
    Thats the thing. I did a transfer of 6 in the same box and only charged 25, so it wasnt too bad.

A 49 lower, with 10 bucks shipping, and a 25 fee comes out to 84.00 bucks...and thats with no profit for the guy doing it.

Dosent look that good al of a sudden.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Best for people just to give a heads up when they go on sale.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

A heads up, and a dose of patience.

I took me 3 weeks to get mine.

A heads up on their restocking fee, too. If you cancel your order, for whatever reason, you'll get hit with that.

I believe that they have good products, but buyers need to be informed of the small print.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Zacii - Did you just order a stripped lower, or something that required assembly?

MY order from them was a BCG, LPK and a stripped lower. 2 weeks on the BCG & LPK, another week after for the lower. I think I also got hit with a double shipping fee as well, even though I told them to ship the entire order to my FFL instead of splitting it. Communication sucked as well. I hope they get their act together in the after order department, and quick. You can put out the best product on the planet at half the cost of everyone else, and go out of business due to crappy customer service.

NOT BASHING THEIR PRODUCT!!! Just a bit critical of their communication and customer service.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

My local FFL did a group buy on some lowers,they weren't PSA,but they were $60 ea,or 3+ $50 ea which included paperwork,So I bought 3 for $150.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links