Kel Tech KSG

This is a discussion on Kel Tech KSG within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Search did not pull up anything up on this firearm. A consideration for home SD. 12 to 13 rounds of 12-gauge is interesting. http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/pr...c-shotgun-ksg/...

Thread: Kel Tech KSG

Kel Tech KSG

Search did not pull up anything up on this firearm. A consideration for home SD. 12 to 13 rounds of 12-gauge is interesting.

http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/pr...c-shotgun-ksg/
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    Search did not pull up anything up on this firearm. A consideration for home SD. 12 to 13 rounds of 12-gauge is interesting.

http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/pr...c-shotgun-ksg/
    Youtube Kel-Tec KSG and you will find some and Kel-Tec KSG Reviews.

Also, I recieved an email from Kel-Tec on when they will be shipping out.

According to email below: The first batch has been shipped out so some will have a better New Years, if they pre-ordered one:)

Kel Tec Customer Service customerservice@kel-tec-cnc.com
    to me, Archive

show details Dec 23 (1 day ago)

We got the first of the KSGs out this week, but mostly it’ll be after the first of the year before we’re really able to get them out there. There’s already a backorder on them, so I’m sure the first ones going out are probably already claimed, but be patient and we’ll have more out the middle of Jan. MSRP $880.

Unfortunately, we only sell only to the wholesalers, then they to the dealers, so I don’t have any dealer listings. I can only suggest online or the phonebook and calling them to find out if they carry or can order what you’re looking for.

**We will be closing for the holidays from 12/24-1/8, therefore any emails received in that time frame will not be answered and any repairs received at that time will be held at the shipping depot until we return, so you might want to hold off shipping it until the 9th unless you can get it here before the 23rd. Repairs will be about 6 weeks after we’re back. I apologize for the inconvenience.**

Thanks,

Ericka

Kel-Tec CNC

Attn: Service

P.O. Box 236009

Cocoa FL, 32923

321-631-0068

Mon-Fri 8-3p EST

www.keltecweapons.com or Find us on Facebook under “KelTecWeapons”

Check out the thread posted here on Dec 19th. Kel Tec Shotgun

I posted Nutnfancy's 4 part video series on the Kel Tek KSG on YouTube.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Actually there were a few threads on the KSG back when it first showed up at the SHOT show,there seemed to be a lot of interest especially in the Military/LE/HD area,I'm willing to bet after the initial rush to own one is over,the prices may drop enough for me to consider one,I realise MSRP is usually high,I would hold out til the newness is over,On the other hand if I was in an occupation that this would be extremely beneficial I wouldn't be hassling over a few bucks
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I like the look of this shotgun. I'd love to shoot one and would surely consider one for HD duty. I will say this, fully loaded I'll bet it is seriously front heavy shot gun!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

The KSG is the one gun where I think that mixing your load might be a good idea. For example, using low-recoil buckshot for the first shots, and then the 'last' shot in the tube being a normal recoil shot with a larger load (more bullets). The higher recoil of the last shot won't screw up your aim anyway, because you need to switch feeds. And it's an extra way of helping you count your shots, because it's an extra signal that it's time to switch.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

I was really considering one. Saw all the nutnfancy videos. Looks cool and holds a lot of shells. Then I realized its not very practical. Its only for HD. No hunting or clay shooting with that short barrel.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    They peaked my curiosity, but having to switch the tubes manually really turned me off of the idea of buying one. I have a hard enough time keeping count of the rounds I fire while standing at the range, shooting paper. In a real life situation, I don't think any amount of training will be enough for me (personally) to remember to switch the tubes over. Also, since I'm just a regular civilian, I can't imagine a practical situation where I'll need that many rounds.

I'd prefer a Saiga 12 over a KSG, since I'm pretty comfortable with the AK platform as it is, and once you're firing, you just keep squeezing til there's no more bang, and just a click.

This is all simply personal preference though. I haven't shot one yet, so my opinion isn't set in stone.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    I'd prefer a Saiga 12 over a KSG, since I'm pretty comfortable with the AK platform as it is, and once you're firing, you just keep squeezing til there's no more bang, and just a click.
    +1 on the Saiga 12.

After seeing Nutnfancy's videos... And he put it through some pretty tough work-outs, I think it's got too many hiccups for me. Problems with short stroking it, and switching the magazine tubes. Also some confusion reloading it.

Again, mostly training issues with the platform, but it's a lot issues to have if you are ever facing someone shooting back at you.

I like the idea of having one tube loaded with buck and the other tube loaded with slugs. That way you can have slugs on demand if needed. But I keep slugs in the sidesaddle on my Mossberg and I can load slugs individually on demand as well. And probably just as quickly.

I'd go with a Saiga over the Kel-Tec if I had a choice.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Thxs for the links and replies. I'm not sold, but on my radar. For me, good consideration for HD, as I think others stated. Don't mind the tube switch / change over. By the time I get that many rounds off, I'm most likely fighting off more then I could chew. I might forget to switch, but I could just as likely fumble a reload from any other shotgun. Just nice to see something a little different.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

The KSG looks suspiciously like a Neostead from South Africa. I looked into becoming the North American imported for them. I like the looks and the way the Neostead handles. Got to shoot one at the 2001 TREXPO up in Maryland.

Links