Merry Christmas to me...

This is a discussion on Merry Christmas to me... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by jonconsiglio I don't see it. I mean, besides the fact that it's a Vortex sight... ;)It appears to have an absolute cowitness ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Merry Christmas to me...

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    I don't see it. I mean, besides the fact that it's a Vortex sight... ;)It appears to have an absolute cowitness instead of a 1/3rd. I'd probably remove the lens covers or at least flip the front one down. I just don't see it yet.
    If Jon can't see it, it must be a doosey.

As for me, I'm stumped.

2. Remove Ads

Jon missed it, that's got me wondering now.

Having said that...

One does not mount a bipod to the barrel (sight block) and expect good results. This is all presuming you are using the bipod to steady the rifle for a steady shot, requiring precision, and at distance greater than 50y. But maybe that's just me.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

You are 100% correct that you'd never want to do that! The photo is misleading though. It's a Tango Down bipod which is on a type of cantilever mount (for lack of the appropriate term) that extends out about an inch or so from the mounting point.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Well then...I feel like an idiot.

I'd have sworn that that thing was mounted to the sight block.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Ha! It's always good to feel like an idiot sometimes... I experience it at least three times a day. I see how you could think it was attached to the FSB from that pic.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Nice collection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links