Guess what I got a hold of... - Page 2

Guess what I got a hold of...

This is a discussion on Guess what I got a hold of... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Whatever it is, congratulations and post those pictures!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Guess what I got a hold of...

VIP Member
    Whatever it is, congratulations and post those pictures!

Color me doubtful, but I am very interested in your perspective, once you've had a chance to ring it out for a bit.

How much did it cost, by the way?
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Senior Moderator
    It'll looks like it would be a great patrol shotgun, but I have just one question before it fufills that duty.

Will it fit in a gun lock? I dont see it happening unless someone comes out with one specifically designed for it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    It'll looks like it would be a great patrol shotgun, but I have just one question before it fufills that duty.

Will it fit in a gun lock? I dont see it happening unless someone comes out with one specifically designed for it.
    No, it will not fit in a standard lock. To be honest, I question the build quality just enough to worry about it in a hard use role, like a patrol shotgun.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Have you shot it yet? How is the switching the two different feed tubes?
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Administrator
    No, I have not shot it- I may not at all. I'm not sure I'm going to keep it.
    There is a switch in the loading port, much like a selector on a AR or even what's on a over under. It is ackward to get to while shouldered, the bullpup style puts the loading port all the way to the rear.
    "Just blame Sixto"

You have to try it Sixto. You never know.

I used to have a Mossberg 500 bullpup (never should have sold that one ). Same thing, loading at the rear. Takes practice to get used to it and efficient.

Besides, with 14 rounds, how much reloading do you plan on doing on patrol?
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Administrator
    Oh I won't use it for patrol, it's a "just because I can" type of thing for me.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sixto, Have you shot that thing yet?
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    Sixto, Have you shot that thing yet?
    No. Don't hold your breath, I may never. Even if I decide too, I've had a lot happen this week and I'm not sure when I'll get to the range. I still have not sighted in my patrol rifle that I've had done for a month.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    No. Don't hold your breath, I may never. Even if I decide too, I've had a lot happen this week and I'm not sure when I'll get to the range. I still have not sighted in my patrol rifle that I've had done for a month.
    I'm only one state over.. send it to me and I will test drive it for you. I have time.

I bet the ditch chickens would be shaking in their boots, if you could hunt with more than 3 rounds in the gun here.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I don't know how to ask you to do this test, because it seems to violate all kinds of safety rules-of-thumb. But I'm still curious.

I was wondering if a 4+4 loading would allow an easier time swiveling and tracking, instead of fully loading up to a 7+7 ? The big advantage of the bullpup is the ability to rapidly shift where you're pointing (due to less momentum), but I cannot get it out of my head that the KSG might lose that benefit by having those two mag tubes being so long. I know taking 6 shells out won't reduce the weight much, but it reduces the weight right where I'm thinking it would help.

No rush answering. I can't think of a way to test this without loading up the weapon and pointing it rapidly in different directions. Shouldn't do that at home ... shouldn't do that at the range ...
    spend more fighting Ebola than on Thanksgiving dinner. Be grateful it's being fought there, so we don't have to fight it here.

As well, there are millions in potential patents possible for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell.. (and gumption) It's an untapped technology.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Attachment 55384

First guess was the best guess.

^^^^^Oh ok^^^^^^^^^^

For a minute there I thought you were talking about the darling little 19 y.o. neighbor girl.

I'm likely one of the first people to have it
    I've posted about wanting it

Whew!!!!!!!

I think once this weapon is proofed , you will find it in a lot of squad cars.

I like it.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I don't like this thread.

Sixto gets an awesome gun we all want then refuses to shoot it. Rude to say the least. Do us all a favor and shoot the thing.
    atctimmy likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links