Day at the range.. AR15 Daniel Defense Snapshot in time

This is a discussion on Day at the range.. AR15 Daniel Defense Snapshot in time within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hi, So today I had an excuse to go to the range and pop off a few rounds and do some more testing of my ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By C hawk Glock

Thread: Day at the range.. AR15 Daniel Defense Snapshot in time

VIP Member

Day at the range.. AR15 Daniel Defense Snapshot in time

Hi,

So today I had an excuse to go to the range and pop off a few rounds and do some more testing of my gear. I have been testing the Vortex Sparc for a little while and this is the first time I have put it on this particular rifle. I really have no particular point other then taking a snapshot in time in what I am currently using and doing.

I was able to achieve some good groups as to what myself and my rifle is capable of shooting. I think I could have tightened my groups up a bit if I used better ammo and used a scope, but I think these groups where pretty decent. I had a couple of flyers, but I attribute it to lack of concentration and remanufactured ammo. By the way, I am not complaining about BVAC at all, I have shot thousands of rounds of the stuff at 269.00 per 1,000 and only had a couple duds. I also wanted to mention that the Vortex Sparc has been fantastic and has held zero on several different guns. I want to give a shout out to MAC (Military Arms Channel) as the initial review got me to consider the Sparc. Now I own two of them! haha

My Daniel Defense has been superb, It's been flawless and is very light because of the way the rails are manufactured. There is a reason why they make them for the military as I think they are very well made. I have also been told the DD is making or will be making barrels for other high end manufacturers. Maybe some other folks would know more about those details.

Gear Used:

1. Daniel Defense Upper (complete )
    2. Spikes Lower
    3. Vortex Sparc with butler creek lens caps (red dot unmagnified)
    4. Magpul AFG
    5. Magpul MOE Stock, Miad Grip
    6. Mapul P-Mags
    7. Troy Folding Front Sight
    8. AMS Folding Rear Sight
    9. Rock River LPK two stage trigger
    10. BVAC remanufactured ammo (Surplus Ammo)
    11. VTAC Sling

Pic of AR15

Pic of the range

Close up of bullseye
    Last edited by C hawk Glock; January 1st, 2012 at 12:58 PM.
    bmcgilvray and glockman10mm like this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

2. Remove Ads

Nice shooting.

I'm still waiting for my Aimpoint to get here (now 1 month on backorder).

The BVAC ammo. Steel core or lead?
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member
    The BVAC I have is lead and copper

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

C hawk Glock;

I like the look of that tight, 100-yard, no-magnification multi-shot group you're sticking up there for us to see. It has "successful rifle" hole-punched all over it... or at least in the center of the target!
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Ya gotta be happy with that for sure.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Ya gotta be happy with that for sure.
    glockman,

You know when you have one of those days with no wind, the lighting is good and the shooting is good? Well that day was yesterday. I put this up for folks to say that this can be done. I am not an "Operator" I am just a normal guy who shoots and trains often. I will admit some honesty and say that the 2 moa Vortex literally replaced the orange bullseye and they gave me a great frame of reference for my eyes.

The funny part is that I got more comments about my Springfield EMP on my hip then my AR and shooting!

"The funny part is that I got more comments about my Springfield EMP on my hip then my AR and shooting"

Oh no, man! The rifle's where it's at! It really rocks! Rifles are magic. They reach way on out there and can rearrange targets and cause things to happen in ways that handguns just can't match.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Links