Stoeger P-350 defense?

This is a discussion on Stoeger P-350 defense? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just looked at a Stoeger P-350 defense shotgun. I like that it accepts 3 1/2 shells where the Rem. 870 and Mossberg 500 only ...

Thread: Stoeger P-350 defense?

Stoeger P-350 defense?

I just looked at a Stoeger P-350 defense shotgun. I like that it accepts 3 1/2 shells where the Rem. 870 and Mossberg 500 only take 2 3/4 and 3" shells. I like the feel of it and I'm considering this for a home defense gun. What are your opinions? I'd especially like to hear from anyone who has experience with a stoeger pump.
    I'll keep my freedom, my liberty, and my guns. You can keep the change.

2. Remove Ads

Cheaper version of a Bennelli Shotgun. I would buy one and you will have years of reliable shooting.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

[QUOTE=skunkworks;181321]I just looked at a Stoeger P-350 defense shotgun. I like that it accepts 3 1/2 shells where the Rem. 870 and Mossberg 500 only take 2 3/4 and 3" shells. QUOTE]

IMO: Anything over a nice heavy load in 23/4 is self defeating in a home defense situation. First, they kick like crazy, especially 3 1/2 mag and secondly, magazine tube capacity is reduced due to increased shell length. The main thing you get form bigger shells in a hunitng situation is increased effective range. Not needed for HD.

Personally I keep my 1200 Defender loaded with a 4 or 5 game load, because if the wife has to use it I'm afraid that the initial recoil of a buckshot or slug load might cause her too much hesitation on follow up shots. Also, overpenatration through walls is of less concern.

I do suppose that the Stoeger would be very reliable though, because of the Benelli engineering.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

I own a Stoger Condor O/U, it has been sent back three times in the past four years. Both barrels will fire with one pull of the trigger. They have been real good about fixing this, no charge. Don't know if this helps, not a pump gun, but may speak to the quality of the product.

I also went to a dealer shoot a few weeks ago and they had a Stoeger handgun. The rep said it was made from Barretta parts.
    "The Army and the Navy are run like traditional military services. The Air Force is run like a corporation. But the Marine Corps is a religion." Navy Admiral

University of Science Music and Culture

SEMPER FI!

Links