Out goes the RRA, and in comes Sixto SBR toy

This is a discussion on Out goes the RRA, and in comes Sixto SBR toy within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here we go again... This time, I'm doing the BCM I originally wanted to do. So far, I'm going to go with a BCM 14.5 ...

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Out goes the RRA, and in comes Sixto SBR toy

Administrator

Out goes the RRA, and in comes Sixto SBR toy

Here we go again...

This time, I'm doing the BCM I originally wanted to do. So far, I'm going to go with a BCM 14.5 mid (maybe an 12.5 SBR if I can talk myself out of the extra $200) Everything else is up in the air, although I'll probably stick with a BCM lower too, as I like things to match.
    Last edited by SIXTO; January 12th, 2012 at 10:54 PM. Reason: changed title to reflect actual project
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

So, out goes the RRA, and in comes the Spikes until you get your BCM? Is that the plan?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    So, out goes the RRA, and in comes the Spikes until you get your BCM? Is that the plan?
    Sort of... I think I'll keep the Spikes as my work gun, and use the BCM for domestic uses.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Sort of... I think I'll keep the Spikes as my work gun, and use the BCM for domestic uses.
    Fair enough. Does that mean there is a super-abused RRA on the market?

You should never settle when making a purchase, in order to save money, because then you will wind up spending more in the long run getting what you actually wanted to begin with.
    varob, jwhite75 and thephanatik like this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I'd use the BCM as my work gun and the Spikes for whatever else, but I guess that depends on configuration too. I'll be picking up another 14.5" or 16" this month, probably a Colt 6920 if I go 14.5" or a Centurion of I go 16".

What made you decide to dump the RRA for the BCM? I mean, I definitely know why you'd do it, just curious what prompted it.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Whatever you do, don't buy the BCM blemished lower

I bought one and I can't find one stinkin' blemish!

I'm very disappointed that G&R would sell me a perfectly fine lower when I specifically ordered a blemished one.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post

What made you decide to dump the RRA for the BCM? I mean, I definitely know why you'd do it, just curious what prompted it.
    Boredom. And because I can.

Id like to order my upper ASAP, I'm leaning towards the 14.5 mid with A2x. I can't bring myself to pay for the tax stamp. I might go with the LW for the heck of it-maybe.
    Who has the best prices? G&R looks good, but since we are both in Ohio, that gives them a 6.5% handicap.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Neil at Gun Gallery in Jacksonville can hook you up. Let me know if you want his contact info. The lightweight barrels are nice. As far as I'd go for a while was the SR15 profile, and now I'm thinking of doing another semi-lightweight profile like the SR15 which would be the Centurion or Noveske N4, both make a lot more sense than standard/govt profile for a general use rifle.

I'd like to do a true lightweight, like those from DD, BCM, Colt, etc., but I'm just having a hard time committing. Maybe another 14.5". Also, I'm all for pinning the muzzle device if you're experienced in ARs and know what you want.

Seeing as you cannot add or change to a different free float rail that requires a different or proprietary barrel nut once it's pinned, it turns some people off. Personally, like my RIS II, I know what I want and ent change it until the barrel is swapped.

If you get the upper with a pinned muzzle device and a low pro gas block or front sight block, the plastic handguards will work of course as will the Daniel Defense Omega and the Centurion Arms C4. I'll be using the C4 mid length cut out with a front sight block when I order my 16" upper.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone but Grant and Neil. Neil has done a lot for me and I'll always go with him given the chance.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

sgb
    Once you go SBR you'll never look back ..........

Guest1, HotGuns, OD* and 1 others like this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Administrator
    I'm just comparing prices... I might as well order direct from BCM. And I'm noticing the 12.5 is almost a hundred cheaper... That makes my tax stamp only a hundred bucks. Damn decisions.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post

What length is that?
    "Just blame Sixto"

sgb
    What length is that?
    11.5"
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post

I gotta be honest, I don't get all spun up over most of the stuff on here, BUT THAT GUN IS SCHWEET! I need to start doing the SBR thing this year for sure.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Really, you need the SBR because the suppressor will take up a bit of space
    atctimmy and jwhite75 like this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I'm just comparing prices... I might as well order direct from BCM. And I'm noticing the 12.5 is almost a hundred cheaper... That makes my tax stamp only a hundred bucks. Damn decisions.
    The reason it's 100 cheaper is because the 12.5" only comes with a standard barrel and does not have the option of a cold hammer forged barrel (BFH in Bravo Co terms), which is $100 more. Still a great choice, just wanted to point out why.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Links