After a long search...finally bought my home defense weapon. Any advice/info welcome

After a long search...finally bought my home defense weapon. Any advice/info welcome

This is a discussion on After a long search...finally bought my home defense weapon. Any advice/info welcome within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I researched online, went to a gun show, went to four gun shops and went to two different ranges. I asked for opinions and then ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: After a long search...finally bought my home defense weapon. Any advice/info welcome

I researched online, went to a gun show, went to four gun shops and went to two different ranges. I asked for opinions and then asked people if you could have any home defense shotgun, what would it be? A lot of people told me to get a Mossberg 500, others told me to get a Remington 870. When asked what shotgun they would love to have (with price a minimal factor), a lot of people wanted the Benelli M4. I have zero desire to shoot skeet....they don't taste very good. ;-) I plan on shooting a few paper targets every now and then and have something nice to hand down to my son in the future.

The Benelli M4 should be here by the end of the week:

An outstanding selection, and one which should serve you well.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I've got 2 870's. But if money were not an issue, and my wife had her way, we would probably have one too. They look like a lot of fun to shoot. Enjoy.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Nice choice little envy here, enjoy it.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

You've just made a seriously effective addition to your HD possibilities...congrats!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GM
    A very nice shotgun . Congrats!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

We love it. Wife has no problem with recoil. Worth the money.

Excellant choice !! Have to love it. I use a winchester superX2 as a dual purpose, it is good for Bad Guys, Mean Ducks n Geese, Sneaky Turkeys, Coyotes, and about anything else that flys ,runs , or crawls..... but if i were to have to make a choice for a HD shotgun, only, would definatly love one of those, very nice, do you have a light to go on it ?
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Terrible choice! You should have gone with a highpoint pistol! Thankfully, I'm a very nice guy and I so happen to know where to buy one and I'm such a good friend that I'll buy it for you too! And in exchange ill take that cheap crappy gun off your hands at no charge!

;-)
    Seriously though, very nice choice I'm sure she'll treat you well for years to come.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    "With great firepower comes great responsibility."

Thanks for the replies fellas. Just starting to look into a couple of accessories (extended mag, light, etc.). Any links to those would be greatly appreciated.

Good choice, its on my list of guns to buy
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

Pretty! Should work well also! Enjoy!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    If I ever hit the lottery I'll buy one too. Nice gun. It is a gas piston gun is it not, as opposed to the standard model?
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Great choice

sgb
    Attached Images
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links