Talk to me about the Millet DMR optic

This is a discussion on Talk to me about the Millet DMR optic within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am currently in the beginning phases of building myself a mid-length AR carbine. Giving a brief synopsis of my goals, BCM 14.5 upper with ...

Thread: Talk to me about the Millet DMR optic

Talk to me about the Millet DMR optic

I am currently in the beginning phases of building myself a mid-length AR carbine. Giving a brief synopsis of my goals, BCM 14.5 upper with a pinned A2 flash-hider (to avoid NFA), on probably a BCM blem lower, with Magpul furniture.

So, in beginning to research optics, I have been looking at the Millet DMR, which I think would be a good addition to this style rifle. The magnification seems appropriate for close up to 5-600 meters. It has a red dot feature for low light close in purposes.

Does anyone have any experience with this optic? How is the durability? What kind of batteries does it take, and how long is the battery life? Is the clarity acceptable for actual use? Can I be co-witnessed with irons?

Thanks for any input you have about the optic.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    bouncing baby...wait one....

It uses a 2032 and has storage space for a spare one under turret cap. It is clear amd of good quality, but it's too long to use with a BUIS rear on mine. I have one on my Stag lefty on QD mounts from somebody so if I need BUIS I can just take it off. I haven't used it more than 250 rounds at a time for a class but so far it's durable. I use it bouncing around the car and for teaching at the gunshop and plan on it for a hog hunt soon.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    I am currently in the beginning phases of building myself a mid-length AR carbine. Giving a brief synopsis of my goals, BCM 14.5 upper with a pinned A2 flash-hider (to avoid NFA), on probably a BCM blem lower, with Magpul furniture.

So, in beginning to research optics, I have been looking at the Millet DMR, which I think would be a good addition to this style rifle. The magnification seems appropriate for close up to 5-600 meters. It has a red dot feature for low light close in purposes.

Does anyone have any experience with this optic? How is the durability? What kind of batteries does it take, and how long is the battery life? Is the clarity acceptable for actual use? Can I be co-witnessed with irons?

Thanks for any input you have about the optic.
    if you want to try one out you can borrow mine for a while and do some t&e.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    if you want to try one out you can borrow mine for a while and do some t&e.
    I appreciate that, and down the road may consider the offer. But right now I don't even have a lower in my hands yet. I am still in the research/gathering funds stage.

Superhouse, how does battery life seem to you? I'm not expecting the 50,000 hours of an Aimpoint, but how often do you change out the battery in yours?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Well, I've left in on overnight a few times and that didn't kill it.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    The Leupold is similar, and not all that much more expensive. Any further input on that optic would be appreciated.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Might take a look at the new Leupold VX-R Patrol.

Links