Ordered AR and Eotech... How did I do?

This is a discussion on Ordered AR and Eotech... How did I do? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just bought a new Smith and Wesson MP Sport, EOTech EOLAD 552, and a Timney trigger. The trigger won't be in for another week. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ordered AR and Eotech... How did I do?

Ordered AR and Eotech... How did I do?

I just bought a new Smith and Wesson MP Sport, EOTech EOLAD 552, and a Timney trigger. The trigger won't be in for another week. I'm going to wait and pick everything up at the same time.

This will be my first AR and EOtech...

2. Remove Ads

Sweet. Pics and report when you christian it?

That will be a nice setup! A buddy of mine has a S&W M&P15 and its a great gun, you will be happy with it. I have a similar model EoTech on my RRA AR15 and once you figure out how to use it properly, I am convinced it is one of the best CQB electro sights. Be sure and post some pics after you get it all put together!

OpJ

Yeah, I'll report back... Would love to hear feed back on EOTech... The EOLAD 552 was pricey but I hope it will be worth it.

Senior Moderator
    I've had an Eotech 512 on my M4gery for 6 years now. Apart from replacing batteries it has been completely maintenance free. Works great.

I have mine on a LaRue mount, and it is a great item as well.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Thanks for the replies... I'm looking forward to getting it. The Timney trigger is the only hold up. I'm estimating that the Gun, trigger, and Eotech will all be around $2K.

Going all out on the EoTech, huh! That EOLAD is roughly 2 grand alone (MSRP).

I much prefer Aimpoint, but I won't trash EoTech even with tired problems in the past. I would recommend you reconsider your choice in EoTechs and look at the EXPS-3. There have been a few issues, but nothing near the problems of the 5xx series. It's also a good bit lighter and smaller.

You can get the OPMOD combo in FDE from Operation Parts with the G23 magnifier on a flip to side mount for less than $1,000. That'll be more worthwhile than the EOLAD in my opinion unless you're running night vision and need the IR laser.

I'm not going to try to talk you into another rifle, I'm just curios why you chose that rifle over a Colt 6920 (which is selling for $933 right now). Was it due to cost or features? I'm simply curious as to why you wanted the Sport.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

RKM
    The EXPS is my next optic for my AR. Nice and compact.

I think the M&P15 Sport is a great rifle. But the EOLAD is a bit overkill for such a rifle, IMO. I would have just gone with a regular 516 or 512 if you want AA batteries.

My dealer recommended the MP Sport. I also saw some good reviews on it. I chose the EOTech based on some reviews as well. Figured I might as well go for their latest model. Time will tell if I like my choice.

sgb
    I'd give you a C+
    atctimmy likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

I really like my EoTech 552...also mounted on a S&W MP15...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

With the money you laid out for that, you could've done better, IMO. But, c'est la vie.

I'm sure you'll be happy with it
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Roughly the gun was $600, EOTECH $1200, and Timney $200.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Colt 6920 (which is selling for $933 right now).
    Where can you get a Colt 6920 for $933?!

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    Where can you get a Colt 6920 for $933?!
    I don't know where jon's getting his price, but this is a good price too
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links