My M&P Sport, after some upgrades

This is a discussion on My M&P Sport, after some upgrades within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, I purchased my M&P15 Sport back in June and ran a few hundred rounds through it just to get the feel of it and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My M&P Sport, after some upgrades

Well, I purchased my M&P15 Sport back in June and ran a few hundred rounds through it just to get the feel of it and to ensure proper function.

Here's the Before pic....
    Stock.jpg

Then came the upgrades..

I started by replacing the standard fire control group with a 4.5lb Single Stage Timney Trigger, and ditched the fixed Iron rear sight with an Eotech 512 along with a MBUS flip up rear. Then Magpul buttstock and handguards as well as a VTAC 2 point sling. It was starting to come together. Finally came the MVG foregrip and Hogue rubber grip along with the Magpul B.A.D. Lever which really improves the handling and ergonomics of the rifle. I got it pretty much how I want it and my next step is adding a Fenix TK11 light on a IWC cantilevered light mount but thats probably going to be a little later this spring.

Heres the after pic....
    Finished.jpg

Just wanted to show it off and get some opinions on what everyone thinks of it. Still a perfect shooter BTW without a single malfunction of any kind whatsoever after appox. 1500 rounds downrange.

Super nice man. I have the tk12 and love it. Can't go wrong with s&w either.

part of me wants to say why didn't you upgrade to a nicer ar before customizing. but then I remember most of us (myself included) are not fighting wars with our rifle.

it looks good. the m&p sports seem to make a good plinker. I only target shoot and destroy a tv or two with them. seems perfect for this.

ps- shooting tvs is fun.

I really like the slick side of the M&P Sport without the FA, and it is a Mil-spec weapon, I could see no advantage over the sport vs the higher end S&W's or higher end AR's. Also, I'm not toting it around a desert or through a jungle so the lack of dust cover was moot also. this was purchased as a general purpose plinker/home protection weapon and so far it has functioned flawlessly without so much as a single FTE or FTF of any kind.

Sound just right for your needs. Whenever I do get mine I will get the forward assist etc. It really makes no difference in range use though.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy3303 View Post
    I really like the slick side of the M&P Sport without the FA, and it is a Mil-spec weapon, I could see no advantage over the sport vs the higher end S&W's or higher end AR's. Also, I'm not toting it around a desert or through a jungle so the lack of dust cover was moot also. this was purchased as a general purpose plinker/home protection weapon and so far it has functioned flawlessly without so much as a single FTE or FTF of any kind.
    Let me be the first to say that I love S&W products and I think you rifle looks cool. Makes a great plinker for a regular guy who does not plan for heavy use or battle. I will say that there are definitely differences between this rifle and higher end AR's. That is not a knock on the Sporter, just a fact. This goes well beyond a dust cover.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Yeah, it's definitely not mil-spec, but the only issue that you might ever end up caring about is the 4140 barrel steel, just because it'll lose accuracy faster than mil-spec 4150. However, even when you get to that point I'm sure all those accessories will still be perfectly intact and can be thrown onto a replacement rifle easily enough. Until then, enjoy your rifle. Always nice when you have them set up just the way you want.

Love your gun. I have a M&P on the way. I think they are an excellent gun for the money, eventhough they don't get a lot of love on the forums.

Looks good. I love mine, been flawless as well after around 2K rds. Shoots perfect when dirty and when dirt is in it (of course I wouldn't have deliberately put dirt in my 'ol M&P ) I dig this guy's channel.

Very nice

How much did that setup set you back?

VIP Member
    Nice!
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Fine job.

Now, go shoot it!

Quote Originally Posted by CVarner View Post
    How much did that setup set you back?
    I haven't really kept track but I have around 535 in just the rifle, plus all the extras I figure I'm at approx 1200

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    $535 for the basic rifle seems like a good price.
    1,500 rounds with no malfunctions can't be faulted.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links