SHOT Show 2012

This is a discussion on SHOT Show 2012 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Since there's not much talk of SHOT 2012 here, I figured I'd at least link to the subforum on m4c covering SHOT. http://m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=93 Here are ...

Thread: SHOT Show 2012

SHOT Show 2012

Since there's not much talk of SHOT 2012 here, I figured I'd at least link to the subforum on m4c covering SHOT.

http://m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=93

Here are links for SHOT Facebook page images

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...7291756&type=1

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1907976&type=1

A quick recap of the things that stood out to me...

• 2 MOA Aimpoint T1

• Surefire's new 500 lumen X300 ultra, 500/15 lumen LX2 as well as a couple other 500 lumen lights and a new IR X400.

• Surefire mini 7.62 can

• AAC new 90 tooth adapters, discontinuing of the MITR mount and the new mini 7.62 which will be smaller than Surefire's mini 7.62.

• LMT's new lightweight LR8 MRP and MWS chassis as well as some other products related to the monolithic chassis

• Knight's Armament's new URX 3.1 and new versions of the SR15 and SR25

• Tavor available to US customers

• New factory barrel, including the 10" 5.56 and 13.5" 7.62, for the SCAR

• New factory barrels for the ACR

Plus other stuff popping up here and there as well as some nonsense like EoTech's Zombie (BioHazard) reticle.
    Last edited by jonconsiglio; January 19th, 2012 at 05:40 PM.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

2. Remove Ads

Damn! No cool stuff like new S&W revolvers, or lever guns? Sounds kinda boring so far.:-)
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Is there a new version of the 238 with ambi safeties, or do I have to buy a 938 to get that feature? If there is no new 238, I'm going to be getting on the list for the 938 this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Damn! No cool stuff like new S&W revolvers, or lever guns? Sounds kinda boring so far.:-)
    Well, I take it you haven see that awesome new Mossberg lever action??
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I'm excited for the Tavor. I have had a crush on those things for years. I might bring one home if the price is right.

I think it's going to be a bit over $2,000 if I read it right.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Not S&W, but I read something about Charter showing a .40 S&W revolver at the show with a 9mm revolver to come later.

I added some SHOT Facebook page links to my first post.

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Well, I take it you haven see that awesome new Mossberg lever action??
    I'm smelling a bit of sarcasm
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    I think it's going to be a bit over $2,000 if I read it right.
    Hmm. Maybe a graduation present to myself.

I heard something about a Nikon M-223 that is either 1-3x or perhaps fixed 3x with an MSRP of about $150. I have a 1-4x M-223 that I am very happy with, I could see a 3x version on a 5.56mm rifle or two if the information I heard is accurate.

I'd also really like to see a 4 MOA Aimpoint PRO, I don't care for the 2 MOA dots.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

The new LaRue rifles look really nice. A few people on another forum have been asking for a standard barrel PredatAR.

I am in Vegas and attended the Shot Show and I can tell you it is nuts

Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    I am in Vegas and attended the Shot Show and I can tell you it is nuts
    I hope you're having a good time. About 75% of the people I associate with are there and I'm not! I thought about flying out Wednesday, but back out. I'll likely go next year.

It would have been nice since my Dad is sick and he's in LA but is in Vegas monthly. It would have been nice to meet up with him there as well as some friends of mine. I'm not really diggin' the new ultra lightweight plate carriers, which seems like a new trend. I was happy with the size of the LMAC and JPC, but these new ones really don't seem all that much more low profile, just a hair lighter.

The new KAC rails withOUT the integrated from sight as well as the new rail covers and handstops has me wanting one. AAC's new stuff is interesting, but they change their munts too much for me, so I'll be sticking to Surefire for now.

Anything that really stood out to you HKinNY?

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    From my tour there was not much on the new front for weapons that I saw, just little tweaks in product lines. The show order offers were down to buy 2 and get the third one with the order. What amazed me was even Barrett had a 2 for one deal, buy a 50 bmg & a 338 lapua and get a Rec-7 in the deal. Previous years it was 4 or 5 to 1!

In speaking with Ruger, their LCR 22 LR will be the only 22 caliber they'll bring out for now. They stated that the 22 mag seem to cause a problems with the action and cylinder lock up? So their limited to only 22LR, but they'll continue working on it but it won't be an interchangable cylinder if they do come out with a 22 mag.

The most action was yesterday Steven Tyler toured the show: StevenTylerShotShow_01192012.jpg

The attendance must be down as they was never a problem with self parking like pervious years.

Well it is back to work next week.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Links