Daniel Defense or Spikes...

This is a discussion on Daniel Defense or Spikes... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was prepared to wait over a month for a Spikes until someone suggested that I look at the following AR: Rainier Arms, LLC™ | ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jonconsiglio

Thread: Daniel Defense or Spikes...

Daniel Defense or Spikes...

I was prepared to wait over a month for a Spikes until someone suggested that I look at the following AR:

Rainier Arms, LLC™ | Browse | Daniel Defense | Rifle: Daniel Defense M4V2 - LW

Does this look like a good price and is Daniel Defense's quality comparable to Spikes?

Its actually more expensive than what I was going to pay for my Spikes AR.

2. Remove Ads

It's an alright price. I was going to pick one up off of buds gun shop. They had some for I think $1100 at the time. Free Shipping too.

Daniel Defense is regarded superior than Spikes, in AR circles.

That's a decent price for a DD AR, I think.

Also, I would rather have a Colt, than a spikes. They can be had for less than $1K
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Administrator
    I think it's over priced, but it is a nice rifle.
    "Just blame Sixto"

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Daniel Defense is regarded superior than Spikes, in AR circles.
    dadgum skippy right it is
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

This might help you out. This thread is from yesterday or the day before. The OP originally asked abut Spikes vs DSA. BCM was also a consideration at first and hopefully they, or Daniel Defense, are now.

There's some good info scattered around the three pages. My post is 16, though the others surely have some better technical info.

Stuck on a couple of choices, Spikes or DS Arms - M4Carbine.net Forums

I'd tell you to go with the Daniel Defense and not look back. They're not exactly on the same level, though Spikes is decent. I'd like to give you an example, but it's not that easy in this case, so just read the link and hopefully it'll give your enough info to make an informed decision. Good luck.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I appreciate the advice. I ordered a Daniel Defense M4V2 LW today. I will put my Eotec Eolad on it. I have to find something else to put on my S&W MP Sport. Probably going to go with a cheaper EOtech.

I have Timney trigger ordered that I will put on the Daniel Defense AR.

You chose wisely.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I personally like Daniel Defense better than Spikes because they have cold hammer forged barrels. These barrels are better for accuracy. Also I've read that it makes the gun more reliable.

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    You chose wisely.
    I agree
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

I'm assuming that the M4V2 "LW" is lighter than the the regular M4V2. Forgive my ignorance but can someone explain what all it different between the two?

Good choice, though I'd recommend putting that Timney somewhere else, like the Sport and leaving the DD with the GI trigger or Geissele. Those are the only two that most will recommend as truly reliable. Timney is good for competition, but I wouldn't put it in a Daniel Defense.
    sgb likes this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Links