Tac light for the screw hole on the top of takedown screw - Mossberg 500?

This is a discussion on Tac light for the screw hole on the top of takedown screw - Mossberg 500? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have an 18.5 inch barrel installed on my Mossberg 500. I noticed on the takedown screw (part that screws in to the end of ...

Thread: Tac light for the screw hole on the top of takedown screw - Mossberg 500?

JL [OP]

I have an 18.5 inch barrel installed on my Mossberg 500. I noticed on the takedown screw (part that screws in to the end of the magazine) there is a treaded hole. To the best of my research ability, it appears this is for a mounting for a shoulder strap.

My question is does anyone make a tac light that makes us of this screw hole?

It would be really nice to have a light in line with the mag under the barrel. I store my shotgun in a Voodoo Tactical sheath and I'm forced to really jam it in there with a light on a standard clamp mount.

Thanks,

Joe

I have never seen such a mount. I would think that it would not be very secure at all with just that one tiny point taking all the stress. Also, for anyone who runs a light without a pressure switch, it would probably interfere with activating the tailswitch.

Why not just get a normal clamp mount, and mount it under the barrel in that space?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

JL [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    I have never seen such a mount. I would think that it would not be very secure at all with just that one tiny point taking all the stress. Also, for anyone who runs a light without a pressure switch, it would probably interfere with activating the tailswitch.

Why not just get a normal clamp mount, and mount it under the barrel in that space?
    I do have that set-up already. Looking for another option as it's a tight fit in the sheath I like to store it in.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links