Need advice zeroing ar15

Need advice zeroing ar15

This is a discussion on Need advice zeroing ar15 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Can someone offer some advice. I want to zero my Bushmaster A2 at 50 yards with iron sights. What setting should I set rear sight ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By azchevy

Thread: Need advice zeroing ar15

Need advice zeroing ar15

Can someone offer some advice. I want to zero my Bushmaster A2 at 50 yards with iron sights. What setting should I set rear sight to in order to get the best zero. I won't be shooting past 100-200 yards but also want it for close-up work if needed. Any advice? Thanks!

This is a target with the instructions on zeroing the weapon system. Hope it helps.

If you hit low left, you follow the clicks shown one per square. Same low right, or high right or left.

http://www.bobdbob.com/~deneb/doc/ta...2-25m-zero.pdf
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

This might get you in the ballpark.

Zero and M16A2 Rifle (ArmyStudyGuide.com)

Here is exactly what you are looking for:

An Improved Battlesight Zero
    for the M4 Carbine and M16A2 Rifle
    Guest1 likes this.

Lt. Colonel Chuck Santose - Improved Battlesight Zero - M4Carbine.net Forums

Good info here, click the link in post #2, post #1 is no longer. Explains it much better than I could.

I see AZChevy beat me to it!
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

No, no, no.... Here's what you need..... I couldn't help myself. It's already been covered.

Keep in mind that zeroing at 50 yards will also be zeroed at roughly 220 yards, give or take depending on ammo. It's most often referred to as a 50/200 and you want to be sure to fine tune it at 200 when possible. In reality, it's more like a 50yard/200meter zero.

At 100 yards, you'll be roughly 1.5" high and roughly 8" low at 300. For zeroing at 50 yards, you'll want your elevation at 200 yards and you'll want to use the smaller aperture. The m4carbine links will be good reading for you.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Links