Oh Yeah! (Bushmaster M4A3 AR15) Photo inside.

This is a discussion on Oh Yeah! (Bushmaster M4A3 AR15) Photo inside. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Picked up my new rifle yesterday and took it out over lunch break to feed it a healthy diet of .223 ammo, 80 rounds no ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Oh Yeah! (Bushmaster M4A3 AR15) Photo inside.

Oh Yeah! (Bushmaster M4A3 AR15) Photo inside.

Picked up my new rifle yesterday and took it out over lunch break to feed it a healthy diet of .223 ammo, 80 rounds no problems!

I absolutely LOVE this rifle... can't wait to give it a good cleaning and shoot it some more!

Bushmaster M4A3 .223/5.56 by N0YZE Photo, on Flickr

2. Remove Ads

Nice looking rifle, enjoy!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Thank you!

Sent using Tapatalk, thanks for supporting it on this site.

VIP Member

Thumbs up

'Just meat and potatoes with that rifle. I chose the same setup with my new PSA. My plan is to shoot the dog snot out of it with iron sights, until it becomes a natural extension of me. Besides, ammo is getting cheap these days.
    Dadsnugun likes this.

Yep, I like it that way... Been a fan of mechanical lately, even my bedside safe got 'upgraded' to no electronics.

I was really surprised at how inexpensive the ammo was for this, I expected a lot worse... picked up a box of 100 for $30, that's not much more than 9mm.

I think I'm with you on your plan though, I'd really like to master the iron sights and be able to dial in for different distances and shoot the heck out of a target with no other optics.

VIP Member

Nice looking weapon . I'll drag my M&P Sport out again come Spring, I'm not much on rifle-shooting in the Winter any more, too much cold coming up through the steel and concrete benches at the range. BRrrrrrr...
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Thanks!

Uh huh, walking in my work attire (dress clothes) through 6" of snow back and forth to the target was 'fun', but it was worth it. Great to get out over lunch hour and put some holes in paper, then again it was a heatwave today at 30*.

Hmmm, 1000 for $209... that would last me a while once the newness wears off a little :)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Hmmm, 1000 for $209... that would last me a while once the newness wears off a little :)
    I burned through a case of 500, the first time that I took mine out (had to get it sighted in ya know... then play with distances...)

I was amazed how clean it still was when I went to clean it. I had stripped and cleaned it prior to shooting the first time with Gunzilla - maybe that had something to do with the residue not sticking?

Yep, I like it that way... Been a fan of mechanical lately, even my bedside safe got 'upgraded' to no electronics.

I was really surprised at how inexpensive the ammo was for this, I expected a lot worse... picked up a box of 100 for $30, that's not much more than 9mm.

I think I'm with you on your plan though, I'd really like to master the iron sights and be able to dial in for different distances and shoot the heck out of a target with no other optics.

Nice gun. Check Walmart on ammo. I'm picking up 20 rd boxes of Federal American Eagle 55 grain FMJ for less than six bucks a box.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Thanks!

Uh huh, walking in my work attire (dress clothes) through 6" of snow back and forth to the target was 'fun', but it was worth it. Great to get out over lunch hour and put some holes in paper, then again it was a heatwave today at 30*.

Yeah, the temperature here today was 60. I managed to tough it out.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Haha, 60 degrees... I'd melt! ;)

I'll have to check out good old Wally World, that's usually where I get my 9mm ammo for the range. The American Eagle I got was from Fleet Farm, had it on sale for $30/100 but it sounds like that may be Walmart's normal price. Seems to be good ammo from what I can tell after 80 rounds.

Also, is it just me or does .223 ammo have a weird smell to it once fired?

Haha, 60 degrees... I'd melt! ;)

I'll have to check out good old Wally World, that's usually where I get my 9mm ammo for the range. The American Eagle I got was from Fleet Farm, had it on sale for $30/100 but it sounds like that may be Walmart's normal price. Seems to be good ammo from what I can tell after 80 rounds.

Also, is it just me or does .223 ammo have a weird smell to it once fired?
    I don't know that it's weird but it is different. I got my Bushmaster at Walmart also. It blew my mind when I walked in and they had an AR sitting in the gun case. I spiffed mine up with a Hogue pistol grip and a Mag-Pul anodized aluminum trigger guard. You'll like the gun.

I read up on it, some people report an ammonia like smell - could be the various powders used, wasn't bad - just different.

I've thought about changing the grip, but wanted to get some time with the gun before going crazy ordering parts - how do you like the Hogue compared to the stock grip, and how hard was it to change?

I read up on it, some people report an ammonia like smell - could be the various powders used, wasn't bad - just different.

I've thought about changing the grip, but wanted to get some time with the gun before going crazy ordering parts - how do you like the Hogue compared to the stock grip, and how hard was it to change?
    It was easy to change. It just took an allen wrench for the grip and a punch for the pin in the trigger guard. The rubber Hogue grip feels better to me and I like the lines of the trigger guard. Here's what it looks like...

004.JPG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links