Idea's on AR Slings and Magazines... - Page 2

Idea's on AR Slings and Magazines...

This is a discussion on Idea's on AR Slings and Magazines... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Another vote for a Vickers Sling. I would stay away from single point slings unless you like your rifle smacking your groin every time you ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Idea's on AR Slings and Magazines...

Another vote for a Vickers Sling. I would stay away from single point slings unless you like your rifle smacking your groin every time you let go of it or try to run.

As far as mags I've got aluminum ones and haven't had any problems but I've never heard anything bad about a PMAG
    We the willing, being guided by the unknowing, Doing impossible feats, for the ungrateful, Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
    We now feel qualified to do, absolutely anything, with literally nothing

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I use the VTAC 2 point quick adjust sling and PMags. They're awesome!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Pour up a cup of your favorite beverage, get comfortable, and read the following:

Which AR sling do you use, and why?

This info gives a better insight to 'why' one sling may be better than another, or 'why' one simply preferred one over another.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Oh, I forgot to mention this earlier.... The VCAS sling has an option of Acetel (sp?), which is basically a strong plastic, and all metal hardware like the slider and the eyelets or whatever they're called.

I have four of them and didn't realize it was an option since I didn't buy them from Blueforce Gear. My padded version is all metal but I assumed that was just the deal with the padded sling. Anyway, it's a $20 option through Blueforce Gear.

My non-metal ones have held up fine with two taking some serious abuse. Still, had I known at the time, I would have opted for metal as I always choose he most robust option.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links