Help me chose! I am 50/50 right now!!

This is a discussion on Help me chose! I am 50/50 right now!! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; EDIT - We'll never agree on this one..! ;)...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Help me chose! I am 50/50 right now!!

EDIT - We'll never agree on this one..! ;)
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

2. Remove Ads

I had three Sigs I sold. A 226 Equinox that has the SRT and tritium sights, a 226 Blackwater with SRT and tritium sights and a 229 sct with the SRT and tritium night sights.

226 Equinox sold for $850

226 Blackwater sold for $950

229 sct sold for $850

Had I traded these, it would have been less. A new stainless 226 is a little more than the Equinox or Blackwater if I remember correctly, so add about 75% of that difference to what I got for mine and that should give you a ballpark figure of what you could sell them for.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Keep the 220 and save your $ until you have enough to buy an AR. There are plenty of quality ARs out there that can be had for less than $800.

Personally I'd keep the pistol and get the rifle a little later to have both. However, if you're going to trade off the pistol and get the rifle, I say go with the Colt. It is better than the M&P and often sells for about the same amount of money. If you score a good deal on the M&P that makes it significantly cheaper than a Colt then sure, the M&P is a quality rifle. However, at the same price point the Colt is a better value.
    RockStrongo likes this.

I would save my money and go n buy a AR / I will get slammed for this propably, but I own a colt and a bushmaster, and both are very nice performers, however right now you can get a new bushmaster for around 600 dollars, and that leaves you a lot of room for accessories..... i would not hesitate to grab either one of mine, if i needed it and never worry about it going bang,,,,just depends on how much bang your wantingfor your buck ....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

RKM
    Personally I'd keep the P220 and just keep saving money for the AR. The M&P is not a bad choice. I have one, but I will admit, there are better choices for the same or very little more money. You can get an M&P15T which already had a 10" quad rail with flip down sights. I'm not sure if it's free float, but it's monolithic which is a huge benefit when mounting "long" optics like an Eotech. The M&P15T is just over $1000. Already has the rail and folding sights. Otherwise spend just under $1000 for a basic COLT or BCM and change the rail and sights as needed.

I do simply want this AR, I am not worried about lacking a carry gun, I need a new safe because my 4 shelves are full already if you get my point, I just would rather sell or trade off a pistol and buy the AR with those funds, I want to get into some of the AR courses and competitions in my area.
    2nd Amendment, the one that protects the rest!

I was thinking it was a 226. Sorry about that.

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahnkem View Post
    I do simply want this AR, I am not worried about lacking a carry gun, I need a new safe because my 4 shelves are full already if you get my point, I just would rather sell or trade off a pistol and buy the AR with those funds, I want to get into some of the AR courses and competitions in my area.
    Well, you're going to do what YOU want to do ultimately. We're just giving you our opinions. If you can do without the P220, I'd sell it rather than trade. I've traded guns before. It hurts. Especially when you go back and see what they're selling it for

I'd buy the P220 from you but I told myself I need to stop buying guns. My car needs to go faster, I need a house and I'd like new camera equipment. Time to just shoot what I have and have fun and appreciate what I have :)

I wouldn't trade selling it your self will get you more money. The dealer has to make money on it so they offer less.

If you're handy and can follow simple instructions pick up a AR lower and a kit build your own. You will save a bunch of money and have the satisfaction of know exactly how your AR works. These guys Ammunition, Magazines, Rifle Parts, Bulk Ammo and Rifle Accessories - Palmetto State Armory have some good prices and if you watch for a sale you can pick up a basic AR for $600. It's a ways out but last year they had a killer Fathers Day sale hopefully they will do the same this year.

If you want the instructions on assembling a lower PM me and I can send you a link to a how to.
    We the willing, being guided by the unknowing, Doing impossible feats, for the ungrateful, Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
    We now feel qualified to do, absolutely anything, with literally nothing

Call me crazy but if I had to get rid of all my guns and rifles right now but could keep just one it would be my AR
    Kahnkem likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links