Are all WASR-10's used?

This is a discussion on Are all WASR-10's used? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yes, the imported one was converted over. Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are all WASR-10's used?

Yes, the imported one was converted over.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Ads

for that price I would buy my own and do it myself. wont save you much if any bit will be exactly as you want it.

How easy is it to convert? Where would I find the parts?

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

its easy and fun. I was scared I would be in too deep but it was breeze.

Carolina shooter supply or dinzag arms has all you need

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Even if you have just basic handyman skills you can do the basic conversion in 3-4 hours easy. Several vendors specialize in conversion parts for the Saiga.

Carolina Shooters Supply (great people and service)
    carolinashooterssupply.com Home Page

Mississippi Auto Arms
    Saiga Conversion Parts List : Mississippi Auto Arms, Inc ::, Your Source for Saiga, AK47, AR15, Tromix, Glock, and SKS firearms and accessories"

KVar
    K-Var Corp.

Great info here on doing conversions
    forum.Saiga-12.com

Step by step videos
    saiga conversion - YouTube
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    The Saiga is good after you convert it. Be prepared for a little work like adding a bullet guide etc.... I would rather get a good MAK-90 and convert it. Norinco's and Polytech are great AK's if you can find them.
    Any of the older Norinco's still around? I have one that is about 18 years old sitting in the locker.
    Wasr-10 good ones at Fleet farm in Wisconsin about 360 to 460 depending on the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    [Classic Arms has converted Saiga's for $479
    Temp_down

If you don't mind getting some advice from someone who has been owning, building and shooting AK style rifles for over 25 years.......do some more research and learn all you can about the options you have before you buy. It will save you money and possible future regret.
    I was pointed to the classic arms site by another member here, and have been looking into gettting my first AK when I get my income tax refund.
    Here is my question, Further down on the AK page they have some ROMANIAN WASR-10 SERIES MILITARY VARIATION RIFLE ( WASR-10 ) UPGRADED WITH TACTICAL FURNITURE for the same price, but for $50 more you can get a package that includes (3) thirty round mags, a bulldog case and a sling. This is what I was thinking of getting. I don't know if they offer the ak shooters package with the Sagia conversion.

Is the Sagia a better choice that the romanian WASR-10? I kind of like the collaspable stock on the WASR-10 and tha Galli style forearm. I understand puriest consider only wood as a true AK. The forearm on the Sagia just looks heavier, but I suppose I could learn to love it if the gun is better than the WASR-10.

I suppose before I order I should call Classic Arms and ask about the ak shooters package with the Sagia.

I plan on ordeing with a week or so, so any input from anyone would be helpfull

EDIT:
    OK, I just called Classic Arms and they said that I could order a shooters package with the Saiga AK that had two mags and a case but the case is 40" instead of the 35" case that the other package comes with. Apparently the Sagia is longer? Longer barrel or is it longer in the stock? I know the tactical WASR has a collaspable stock, but they offer a shooters package for the wood stocked WASR also. I am so confused. If the Sagia is 5 inchs longer, do I want that? It would seem the shorter gun would be easier to handle and lighter.

Still trying to decide which way to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links