Ghost ring for Mossberg 590SP

This is a discussion on Ghost ring for Mossberg 590SP within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Please provide me with any feedback, pro and con. Currently, my Moss has a simple (stock) bead sight on it which I am able to ...

Thread: Ghost ring for Mossberg 590SP

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

Ghost ring for Mossberg 590SP

Please provide me with any feedback, pro and con.

Currently, my Moss has a simple (stock) bead sight on it which I am able to hit paper at 50 yds fairly consistenly with slugs. It's primarily my HD weapon of choice, but also fun to shoot at outdoor range.

Thanks in advance for your input.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

2. Remove Ads

Huh, 140 views and no one has an opinion on the dis/advantage(s) of ghost ring sights on a shotty??? Whaddup?
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

i have the moss berg 5901A tactical 9 shot that came with a ghost ring sight, all i can say is the ghost ring sight frames, focuses your vision for sight alinement. Yes, i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsite View Post
    i have the moss berg 5901A tactical 9 shot that came with a ghost ring sight, all i can say is the ghost ring sight frames, focuses your vision for sight alinement. Yes, i like it.
    ''

Thanks gunsite. Can you please be a bit more specific about ease of target acquisition, "accuracy" with gr's, and anything else you can describe about why you "like" them.

NRA Life

Are you thinking about doing an install, or buying on of the models with ghost rings already on there?

Mossberg also has a few different variations of ghost rings sights on there shotguns now.

I personally think the version that comes on the SPX models is the best one the offer, provided your front sight post is straight. They are stable, and easily adjustable. I believe you can now also find different inserts to put in the front sight.

There is no question that they are better for slug work, and with just a little bit of practice, you can adapt to shooting through them for fun with clays.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

They work but try a good red dot to want to get on target fast . and unlike normal sites there is no line it up

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    Are you thinking about doing an install, or buying on of the models with ghost rings already on there?

Mossberg also has a few different variations of ghost rings sights on there shotguns now.

I personally think the version that comes on the SPX models is the best one the offer, provided your front sight post is straight. They are stable, and easily adjustable. I believe you can now also find different inserts to put in the front sight.

There is no question that they are better for slug work, and with just a little bit of practice, you can adapt to shooting through them for fun with clays.
    I'd like to do the install myself. I've only found one model that Moss sells. I have seen different types of front sights though.

Smitty, I know that I can retrofit a red dot sight, but I wanted to research the GR sights as a first option. I may consider red dot if GR doesn't pan out.

NRA Life

One year later, and yea!, I finally was able to pick up an OEM ghost ring sight. Now I gotta' find a LGS to install, especially the front sight.

NRA Life

You will like the ghost ring sight. They are intuitive to use and very accurate.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Links