S.H.T.F. Rifle

This is a discussion on S.H.T.F. Rifle within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I voted mini because that's what I have. Haven't ever shot an ar type or the others. Ruger Scout was another thought but not on ...

View Poll Results: Bug Out Rifle?

Voters
317. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ruger mini 14

29 9.15%
  • AR

198 62.46%
  • SK

13 4.10%
  • AK

77 24.29%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: S.H.T.F. Rifle

I voted mini because that's what I have. Haven't ever shot an ar type or the others. Ruger Scout was another thought but not on the list. I like the thought of the heavier round to disable vehicles. I think it more effective than the .223. I don't think a rifle is overkill in the weather situation.

Saw a phrase the other day that I liked: ".30-06, turning cover into concealment for over 100 years."

2. Remove Ads

Probably a 870 or my SKS

(I dont have an AR)
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    I voted mini because that's what I have.....
    What you have is far better than what you don't have :)

I own 3 of the above, save the sks, but my choice is none of them. I'm 25 and probably could have paid off my student loans by now if not for the existence of Lee Enfields, Mausers and the 1000s or rounds of ammo I've bought and fired .

I have a particularly unreasonable love for my No1 MK3. It's a 94 year old tank and it would be with me no matter what. It can stop any animal in North America as well as sporting a 10 round internal magazine. One extra bolt and it might last another 94 years. Breaker Morant's rule .303 all day long.

AK. Reliable, accurate enough for combat, and the 7.62x39 has great penetration and stopping power. Not to mention that the ammo is pretty commonplace these days.

Having one doesn't hurt either :D
    5666605577_0ba196754f.jpg

If S really does HTF and your rifle takes a nosedive, there will most likely be quite a few lying on the ground, in safes or in the gun shops...
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

VIP Member
    I did not vote, neither of my choices were on the list. I'm goingw to grab the Marlin 30-30 or my Ruger 357 bolt rifle depending on the situation. Either will be enough gun for me.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    .308 M1 or M14 is your best bet. Knock down power, Hunting Power, sooooooo much ammo will be available when the gun shops and police stations are raped for their 556 ammo. I mean common sense ya'll.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

First off IMO there probably won't be AR's just laying around at your local gun shop, police station or wherever else firearms are sold or
    kept. Lets be serious if the S does HTF people will be scrounging up ammo and guns right away. So wouldn't you want enough ammo to survive for a short time and the proper parts kit and tools to repair you firearm? And last of all (a little off subject) don't live in big
    metro areas unless you want to deal with all the hassles that come with it, and don't live below sea level.

AR in 6.8spc.

CJM
    Lightweight AR with a .22 conversion.

los
    My Vote was this:

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I went AK, with the assumption of a folding stock, but I'd be very happy with a reliable 22 semi-automatic and all the rounds I could put in a sock.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Links