M&P 15 Sport - Slide Fire stock + Timney 3lb Trigger

This is a discussion on M&P 15 Sport - Slide Fire stock + Timney 3lb Trigger within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This concerns the 5.56 Sport model, not the 15-22 model. Looking for some firsthand experience or for one of the knowledgeable members to offer his ...

Thread: M&P 15 Sport - Slide Fire stock + Timney 3lb Trigger

M&P 15 Sport - Slide Fire stock + Timney 3lb Trigger

This concerns the 5.56 Sport model, not the 15-22 model.

Looking for some firsthand experience or for one of the knowledgeable members to offer his firearm's insight.

I have a Slide Fire stock on my Sport. The stock trigger breaks at approximately 6.5 lbs. I just purchased a Timney Competition 3 pound trigger and I'm waiting for it to arrive.

My goal in purchasing the Timney 3 lb. FCG is to increase the already significant rate of fire afforded by the Slide Fire stock. My logic was that a lighter trigger with less creep and no take up would allow the weapon to cycle faster, and thus fire at a higher rate.

Does this make sense, or are there other factors I'm missing that could work against my logic?

My use of this rifle is strictly for range fun, so I don't need to hear about how an increased rate of fire won't allow me to hit a target at 300 yards or other such things.

Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Yep, it'll work.

Your assumptions are correct.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Links