Marlin barrel misalignment

This is a discussion on Marlin barrel misalignment within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For no particular reason I thought I would mention something about this. I bought a marlin 1894c 357/38 lever action last year, and I noticed ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By azchevy

Thread: Marlin barrel misalignment

For no particular reason I thought I would mention something about this. I bought a marlin 1894c 357/38 lever action last year, and I noticed that I couldn't hit a thing with it. I fiddled with the sights, and I discovered that the barrel is misaligned. Not slightly off, but hard to fathom kind of off. I could show it to my mother, and she would probably ask what's wrong with it. For various reasons, I haven't sent it back for repair yet, but to me, its almost embarrassing that they would let one go like that. Now, I know all about lemons and random variance and such, but this is a different matter completely.

Now that I think about it, there is a reason I bring this up. The other day I was tooling around my LGS, and I saw the same thing on another Marlin! Only this time it was with a 22lr, the semi-auto 22lr they make. I can't imagine how they can be so far off in what they are doing. I guess I'm in an annoyed mood, and feel like venting.

Marlin died when freedom group bought them and they closed the North Haven plant.
    Cory1022 likes this.

VIP Member
    Yup. I bought a Marlin 30.06 last year and it would not group within 6 MOA. I replace the stock with a Boyd's stock and got it down to +/- 1.5 MOA which is not all that great, but will do for hunting although I would not want to take a 400 yard shot on a yote with it.
    "I've noticed that everyone that is pro-abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Sad damn shame what happened to Marlin.

Sponsored Links