My New Daniel Defense AR - Page 2

My New Daniel Defense AR

This is a discussion on My New Daniel Defense AR within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A fine start on the AR platform indeed. Enjoy that thing, and congratulations!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My New Daniel Defense AR

A fine start on the AR platform indeed. Enjoy that thing, and congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    Awesome weapon platform,some advice from experience,ditch the hard case with foam,they are known for holding the smallest amount of moisture,even our Pelican cases will.Surface rust will then set in on the roll pins,trigger face etc......
    I will do that soon. The case it was sent in is really crap. I have to be careful how hard I grab the handle or it pinches together and the straps come undone. I will get a nice case as soon as I find what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiko View Post
    I have had the no sights version of your rifle for about a year or so, it really has lived up to its reputation. It should serve you very well. What type of optic are you thinking? Light, sling.... :-) My DD does really well with PMC XTac, I bought 2 cases (though it has never my any ammo that it does not like).
    I have only shot once so far and it was a quick drive by the range then go to a birthday dinner, so I have not experimented much with ammo in it yet. As far as optic goes I am going to get the iron sights zeroed in good and put about 500 rounds through it where I am consistent before I buy an optic. I want to be spot on with the irons first. I have no clue what optic I am interested in yet. There are so many I have not got a clue what I want other than spout out brands. I will shop big time before I buy.
    Daniel Defense V2 AR15
    Sig P226 TACOPS
    Glock 26
    Diamond Back DB9
    M&P Shield

I have the V5 version with an Aimpoint Pro. Extremely happy so far but I have only had time to put 300 rounds through it. I'm now loading up different loads and will run them this weekend to see how it does. I'm also considering a good scope to mount on it to see what kind of accuracy I can achieve with it.

Love my Daniel Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by 40strapped View Post
    I have the V5 version with an Aimpoint Pro. Extremely happy so far but I have only had time to put 300 rounds through it. I'm now loading up different loads and will run them this weekend to see how it does. I'm also considering a good scope to mount on it to see what kind of accuracy I can achieve with it.

Love my Daniel Defense.
    I was thinking about doing a eotech with a magnifier later down the road. If I want a long range rifle think I'll buy a M1a. I know aim point is nice as well. I haven't made a decision yet.
    Daniel Defense V2 AR15
    Sig P226 TACOPS
    Glock 26
    Diamond Back DB9
    M&P Shield

I changed my mind.just ordered an Aimpoint Pro last night. I thought I'd go eotech, but changed my mind at last second. I was also going to wait, but what the hell.
    Daniel Defense V2 AR15
    Sig P226 TACOPS
    Glock 26
    Diamond Back DB9
    M&P Shield

Not sure which is better of the two. I chose Aimpoint because of its durability and bang for buck. The batteries last forever and it's extremely easy to take on and off.

Enjoy your new set up. I know you will.

Looks like an awesome fighting carbine.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Very nice! Congratulations on your new addition. I'm sure you'll get lots of enjoyment out of it. I've been looking at the DDs online too. They're great rifles and I still may get one after I complete my build. As of now, I'm mostly considering a DD for my upper.

I've never heard of the foam holding moisture but it doesn't surprise me that they do this after I think about it. If you decide to get another hardshell as opposed to a bag, I'm wondering if a desiccant disc will help. They're offered as an additional item to purchase when you look at the Pelican site. They're supposed to take moisture out of the air but I don't know if it can extract all that may be hidden in the foam.

Great Birthday present! Enjoy and please post a range impression soon. ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links