Best Home defense Gun (opinions)

This is a discussion on Best Home defense Gun (opinions) within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The 'best' gun for home defense in my opinion is the Taurus Judge. A revolver handgun that fires 410 shotgun shells. Conventional wisdom says a ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Best Home defense Gun (opinions)

The 'best' gun for home defense in my opinion is the Taurus Judge. A revolver handgun that fires 410 shotgun shells. Conventional wisdom says a shotgun is the best home defense weapon but they can be a handful in a home situtation. What better than a reliable handgun that acts like a shotgun ...

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitz View Post
    The 'best' gun for home defense in my opinion is the Taurus Judge. A revolver handgun that fires 410 shotgun shells. Conventional wisdom says a shotgun is the best home defense weapon but they can be a handful in a home situtation. What better than a reliable handgun that acts like a shotgun ...
    Becuase it is hard to shoot and a 410 has very lttle real world stopping power and the 45 long would be best fired from a different weapon
    The Judge is a novelty weapon not much more
    suntzu, jonconsiglio and atctimmy like this.

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar
    Get a 12 or 20 gauge pump, Mossberg or Remington, put on a smoothbore with rifle sights (optional, but I prefer this to a bead), and load up with #4 buck.

Clamp a tac light to the tube if you like. Lights can be seen both ways, though.

Used to be some folks of renown used double 12 gauges with 00 buck and white hankies tied on the end to give better visibility in low light. The street howitzer must be aimed, of course, but close in does not require extreme precision. Just COM.

Regards,

Josh

For HD, I'd go shotgun.
    For backyard fun, (assuming a very large rural backyard), I'd get a Ruger Mark III 22-45 with a threaded barrel. (and someday add a Yankee Hill suppressor). Shooting a .22 is a good way to learn, and the ammo is cheap. It will make you a better shooter.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Becuase it is hard to shoot and a 410 has very lttle real world stopping power and the 45 long would be best fired from a different weapon
    The Judge is a novelty weapon not much more
    Truth.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links