STAG Model 8 Carbine Match test

This is a discussion on STAG Model 8 Carbine Match test within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; OK, been awhile since I posted on here but I promised to get back with a full-blown match test of my Stag Model 8; In ...

Thread: STAG Model 8 Carbine Match test

OK, been awhile since I posted on here but I promised to get back with a full-blown match test of my Stag Model 8;

In a nutshell, the gun shoots straight and accurate, but I dropped in a CMC trigger group while I was fixing it up, and it caused numerous malfunctions, all because of a failure to reset the trigger group properly. If you shot slowly, the trigger would reset properly and it would work every time; but if you tried to shoot at speed, it would fire a round, cycle, then the trigger simply wouldn't work because it didn't reset properly. I thought it was me, so I let another experienced shooter try it and the same thing happened.

So, I am putting the original group back in and trashing the CMC unit. I wrote them a letter, and will see what CMC says, I will keep everyone posted.

Bottom line: I would stay away from those CMC triggers........ They have some work to do on them.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

OK, finally heard back from the guys at CMC on the trigger problems:

They made no bones about it, they said if I was disappointed, they would refund my money and apologized for their product failing........... I guess I can't fault them for making things right, so there you have it.......I am now awaiting my refund....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Bill springfield at Bill Springfield - www.TriggerWork.net does trigger work on stock AR15 triggers pretty reasonable.
    AR-15, AR-10, all makes, standard small and large pin Colt, stock single stage - 4lbs pull, very short, smooth, clean break. $39, add $5 for "speed hammer" modification. New stock AR trigger spring kit available for $4.50 per set if needed.

3lbs pull price is $54, 2.5lbs is $59. the 2.5lbs uses anew JP match spring set installed. 2.5 & 3# have the hammer tail removed ("speed hammer") included in the price.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links