Aimpoint C3 battery life. Setting?

This is a discussion on Aimpoint C3 battery life. Setting? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just acquired an Aimpoint C3 for my AR. Was sick of the Eotech's battery dieing on me at the range. My main reason for switching ...

Thread: Aimpoint C3 battery life. Setting?

Aimpoint C3 battery life. Setting?

Just acquired an Aimpoint C3 for my AR. Was sick of the Eotech's battery dieing on me at the range. My main reason for switching was battery life. But after using the Rpimary Arms micro on my AK, I really started to like the single "red dot" of red dots. The 65 MOA ring started to get distracting.

But anyway, I've read that the C3 has 50,000 hours battery life on setting 7 out of 10. My knob on the C3 (assuming it starts at 0) clicks 9 times. So is it 0-9? or 1-10? I was to turn it on and keep it on setting 7 but I'm not exactly sure which one number 7 is :)

Have yet to sight it in. I literally got it mounted like 20 minutes ago. Mounted it in a lower 1/3 co-witness Primary Arms mount. Can't quite swing for LaRue, but the Pa mount it pretty stout, enough for me anyway. I adjusted it it into my irons here at my computer just so I'm on paper then I'll fine tune it.

The Micro's are nice but after shooting with my AK, I find that any inconsistency in the cheek weld, you may have a hard time finding the dot. No a big deal to most people, not really a big deal to me. But I like the bigger ones, and the C3 was rather affordable. I think I'm going to like it. I'll take some pictures when I get a chance just because I'm a photography geek too.

So anyway, 0-9 or 1-10? There aren't any numbers on the dial.

Edit: Wow, nevermind. Reading the manual makes sense, right?

Switch, dot brightness: 10 pos.: 1 off, 9 daylight of which 1 Extra Bright
    So it's 1-10. Anybody test battery life at setting 8? 7 is a little dim. Is battery life dramatically reduced if left on setting 8?

2. Remove Ads

Go to the brightest and back it off 3 clicks.

For me, I leave mine on whatever setting is bright enough to use indoors at night with a Surefire being used every few seconds. So, I need it where it's not too bright in very little light, but not washed out against white when the light is on. 8 is pretty good for this, but mine have 12 settings, I believe. During the say, I like them around 9 or 10. Bright enough for sunlight coming through and bright enough if I go outdoors I can still see it. Obviously it'll need tweaked one way or another, but this is very close for the most part.

I'm not sure about battery life on setting 8 for yours, but a T1 will last about 5 years in ideal weather/temperatures, but will only last a couple months, at most, on setting 12, from what I understand. So, I would assume on the next setting up that it would last roughly 2 to 3 years since setting 12 is an extra bright setting. I would assume it'll be half of what it is expected to last on setting 7 for yours. I'd much rather assume it'll last less time than more time and just make it a point to change them out once every year or two. Mine never stay on 8 constantly, they're often at 9 or 10 during the day (not all, just the one or two I'm using), then around 8 at night.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Yeah, I should buy a spare battery or two. I'd love to be able to throw down the money for an M4s that just used a AA. Setting 7 is bright enough for outdoor use, but too dim for my liking. For indoor, even with the use of a light, 7 is ok.

Anything will be better than my Eotech. Seriously, 40 hours. I call it an Eotech, but it's really an old school one labeled Bushnell. It's even advertised as 40 hours and I don't think it gets even that If I were to accidentally leave it on, it might last a day. I would turn it off anytime I'd walk down range. If I wasn't looking through it, I'd turn it off. At least I'd try and remember to. My Eotech made it's way on to my Ruger 10/22.

I also liked the idea of the covers on the PRO, the solid front one and the clear see through rear one. Both eyes open, you don't even need to flip them open. Also, since the dot is in the dark so to speak, it will appear brighter. Kinda of hard to explain.

Links