AR-15 slings - Page 2

AR-15 slings

This is a discussion on AR-15 slings within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; MS3™ - Multi Mission Sling System...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: AR-15 slings

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    I use a Bulldog Tactical Sling for my RRA LAR-15. Just snap it on and snap it off. It's that simple.

Blackhawk single point.

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    I hope they're a good bit better than the MS2. I got rid of all but one of my MS2's, which I hardly ever use now. The idea is great, but the execution left something to be desired. Another option for a convertible 1 - 2 point sling is to pick up a VCAS and a Tri-Glide attachment which allows you to run it as a single point. Rob_s did a write up on this before the Tri-Glide was available and he made his own. I had as well using the MS2 hardware, but the clip just wasn't what I wanted.

I have heard good things about the MS3 though, so we'll see how it plays out. It looks like they replaced everything, so apparently it's more durable and no longer snags like nobodies business on velcro.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    Its really personal preference, but, if your primary concern is carrying it safely, nothing wrong with a GI web sling style. Nothing fancy but it works. And is very useful for precision shooting.
    I bought me a whiz bang single point sling and the associated hardware but I can't bear to take off the web sling because it's the one thing I can hang off my rifle that will allow me to shoot it better. Good call.

I have Vickers Slings on both of my AR's.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I had a single point sling from Blackhawk on my first AR but I quickly found out they're not good for carrying the rifle for any length of time. I also switched to the VTAC 2 point padded sling and absolutely love it! It's so easy to put the rifle over my shoulder and tighten it against my back to be carried so it's not flopping around.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links