Defensive Carry banner

Polish 1960 is too heavy for me

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  zero 
#1 ·
Last January (2011) I bought a Polish 1960 AK which has a milled receiver. I took it out shooting a few times and it shot pretty well for me but keeping it shouldered for 30 rounds was a challenge. I ultimately decided to sell it and go back to an AK with stamped receiver. I didn't want to get another Romanian WASR and the Polish 1960 lacked a chrome lined barrel which is another feature I like to have. I sold the Polish AK and used the funds to put a brand new Arsenal SGL-21 on layaway. I hear good things about Arsenals and the second kind of cool is the fact that they're built in Russia but in sporting configuration. Once they're imported into the US, Arsenal Inc. in Nevada takes them and converts them into AKM type rifles.

I have watched a few youtube videos that criticize Arsenal AKs, especially when it comes to parts interchangeability. It doesn't appear that you can take a bolt group from say a Chinese or Romanian AK and simply put it into an Arsenal. I don't think this would be a big issue anyway since AK parts don't break that easily. Is this something I should be concerned about because I want to keep this AK for the rest of my life and want years of reliable service out of it. I probably won't shoot more than a few thousand rounds per year through it anyway. That Polish 1960 is very well built for being a Century gun but the weight of milled AKs are just too much for me. I should be picking up my Arsenal SGL-21 next Wednesday. I'll post pics when I get it!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.