tapco g2 trigger?

tapco g2 trigger?

This is a discussion on tapco g2 trigger? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had a few quick questions hope somone can help me. I just got an arsenal sgl 21 and was thinking of getting a tapco ...

Thread: tapco g2 trigger?

tapco g2 trigger?

I had a few quick questions hope somone can help me. I just got an arsenal sgl 21 and was thinking of getting a tapco g2 trigger to put in it, my question is should I get the single or double hook does it make a differance? on the web site it has a note at the bottom saying that it is not compatible with the saiga platform so will it work in my ak. Also today when i shot it for the first time since I got it the trigger would stick all the way back on most of the shots and had to be flicked with my trigger finger to make it go forward, is this because it is new and needs to broken in and will loosen up this is why I am thinking of getting the new trigger but will the new trigger solve my problem or will that also stick on me.

Senior Moderator
    Single/double doesnt really matter as to function, unless the port that the trigger goes through is set up for one hook and you have two. To make it work, you would either have to mill another slot in the port that the trigger goes through to clear the second hook, or grind off the second hook so that it didnt bottom out.

You have a problem with the reset spring on your trigger, it is not right, the trigger should go foward after it is released.

This could be from a few things. It could be that the short spring that goes into the recess in the disconnector is not long enough, or that the double wound hammer spring is interfering with the trigger because it is hung up on something and causing it to jam.

Both are simple fixes. This is not normal and until it is fixed, breaking it in, will not make it any better.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

My AK already has a Tapco trigger but on the trigger reset issue, check out the spring as mentioned. Mine had bent inwards a bit and the way it's shaped it would interfere with the reset of the trigger. I took it out and gave it a good re-bending and it's been problem free since then.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    A lot of people think the Arsenal two stage triggers sucks and many do replace it with a Tapco G2, The reset issue means something in the FCG amiss and needs fixing.

Read the Problem with trigger reset here and see if it helps you with the issue.

Arizona Response Systems, LLC. Notes. AK. AK Trigger Adjustment.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

thanks for the information, I have noticed when I dry fire it it does not stick back, what could that mean.

I know this was a while ago, but check this out...

This video is very informational on the common Tapco G2 trigger reset problem.
    It shows what's causing it, and how to fix it, very well done.

Even if your gun isn't having this problem, you may come across this in the future on an AK 47/ AK 74 variant.

Check it out! Wish I had come across this problem earlier!

Links