reminton m887 barrel?

reminton m887 barrel?

This is a discussion on reminton m887 barrel? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a Remington model 887 nitro mag with a 28" barrel and was given a bunch of slugs by my friend, so I went ...

reminton m887 barrel?

I have a Remington model 887 nitro mag with a 28" barrel and was given a bunch of slugs by my friend, so I went out looking at my local gun shops for a cylinder choke turns out the only one I could find was an extended tac. choke, so I got it brought it home and put it on, and quickly realized realized my barrel is WAY too long and looks ridiculous with the choke. So I started trying to find an 18.5" barrel for it because I know they make the tactical model, but dont want to spend another 500 bucks on a whole gun (especially since I just payed for my g19 four days ago), problem is i can't find a barrel for sale anywhere i know to look, only a 20 inch fully rifled one. I want to be able to shoot any loads and use it for a hd and range gun then change back to my regular barrel for turkey season. Does anybody know where I could find he shorter barrel for sale and possibly the 2-shot extension that also comes on the tactical model? Sorry about the long winded post! I'm just frustrated not being able to find any parts when 870's have millions available. Just cant bring myself to modify my 30 year old perfect condition wingmaster 870 that my grandpa passed down.

I had the opposite problem, I bought the 887 Nitromag Tactical and wanted a slug barrel and kept getting outbid so I called Remington directly and was able to get one for $245 plus $18.00 shipping which is less than they were getting sold for on eBay. I would call them @ 1800-243-9700 and select the parts option. They are super helpful and if they don't have them they will give you an approximate date that they will.be available. I'm going to get the 28" barrel next so I have the 18.5" home defense barrel, the slug barrel.and the 28" barrel for goose hunting. I love how every barrel accepts 3.5" shells! That's what made me choose it over an 870 but I'm annoyed with the lack of aftermarket accessories as we'll but I'm sure they will become available. I would like a pistol grip for when I have it configured for home defense it's easier to slice the pie.

Links