Savvy Sniper Slings

This is a discussion on Savvy Sniper Slings within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ...

Thread: Savvy Sniper Slings

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar

Savvy Sniper Slings

Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

2. Remove Ads

Great review as always.

I know a few guys that just this sling and they swear by it. I'd like to try one out, but I currently run VCAS slings on all my rifles and they work. I may add a Tri-glide to my SBR's for the single point conversion since it'll be easier than pulling out one of the single point slings. Maybe I'll give one a try.

On a side note, I have the Noveske QAd end plates on my lowers. Having run single pont slings for a handful of years on certain rifles, I like keeping that option. I run my two points near the barrel nut then the opposite side of my stock. This allows smooth transitions without pulling my arm through as well as reloads and malfunction clearing with the muzzle slightly up.

Getting to the point, I've found using the sling at the barrel nut and end plate as you had it n the video, I get 90% of the benefits of the single point sling without any of the downsides.

However, I've not been able to stick with this setup as it completely interfers with my cheek weld. I shoot pretty squared up with the rifle tucked down and in towards center. The only way I've found it to not interfere with my cheek weld is to blade my body and move the rifle up and out a bit, none of which I'm willing to do as the added protection of shooting squared up is not something I'm willing to give up for sling comfort. I really appreciate the ability to high port and high ready the rifle if needed as well as the benefit of more maneuverability while still being tight when slung.

So, how does that set up work for you? Does it interfer in any way, did you get used to the sling positioning itself between your cheek and stock, or does it stay out of the say for you?
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Distinguished Member
    Nice review. I was thinking about getting an MS3, but this seems like it might be a better alternative.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Links