Ammo question for AR gurus

This is a discussion on Ammo question for AR gurus within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just a quick question on ammo for my AR. The twist is 1 in 7" and is a 16" Daniel Defense barrel. Am I ok ...

Thread: Ammo question for AR gurus

Ammo question for AR gurus

Just a quick question on ammo for my AR. The twist is 1 in 7" and is a 16" Daniel Defense barrel. Am I ok to shoot the Black Hills 52gr moly coated hp in this or will the moly coat mess up the chrome lining? I've always had outstanding accuracy with this round in my single shot .223. Only looking at this ammo based on price $22 for 50 rounds and past experience. If it's a no go, no big deal.

2. Remove Ads

It's absolutely fine to shoot. Nothing is going to mess up the chrome lining. Steel case is fine, coated steel case is fine, etc. The nly thing you ever need to be careful of, besides tracers, is any corrosive ammo. In that case, pour some hot water on it then oil it up again.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Perfect. Better go buy a box or two. Thanks for the quick response

No problem. Keep in mind, there are a lot of misconceptions about ammo in general. It wouldn't be a bad idea to punch the bore with some quality bore cleaner after a while though. It definitely won't hurt anything. Enjoy.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Links