Anybody Springing For The SureFire 60 Round Magazines?

Anybody Springing For The SureFire 60 Round Magazines?

This is a discussion on Anybody Springing For The SureFire 60 Round Magazines? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; They seem to be quite reliable and extremely well made. Every self-respecting TEOTWAWKI rifle packer should own at least one....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Anybody Springing For The SureFire 60 Round Magazines?

Administrator

Question Anybody Springing For The SureFire 60 Round Magazines?

They seem to be quite reliable and extremely well made.

Every self-respecting TEOTWAWKI rifle packer should own at least one.
    Bark'n likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Impressive firepower!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    They got some very healthy kudos and good, impressive accolades on GunTV.
    Almost makes me want to shop around for a Galil to AR magazine adapter so I can dump my overly LONG monopod 50s.

At what point do we say - "the rifle is heavy enough." Red dots, magnifiers, night vision, lasers, fore grips, bi-pods, flash lights...and now this too?

Just seems like a lot of weight.

I actually liked the 20 rounders better when I was in - made going to prone a lot easier.

Dangit - forgot the bayonet, sling, grenade launcher, GPS nav system, coffee maker, shaver, and DVD player...
    Foo909 and msgt/ret like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I've been considering getting two since I first saw them. I've been researching their reliability and they seem to be pretty damn good from what I've read or seen on YouTube.

Two magazines = 120 rounds. Not bad firepower.

I've always disliked the big Delta Drum magazines. Too cumbersome and projects a bad image to the

Below is an impressive video testing the magazine in a regular gas operated M16 A2; a LWRC Piston SBR; and a FN-SCAR.

In all the tests they stress the magazine with forward and rearward torque on the magazine as well as downward and upward torque. Flawless across all weapon platforms.

Desktop Review of the Surefire 60 round Magazine.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I've been considering getting two since I first saw them. I've been researching their reliability and they seem to be pretty good from what I've read or seen on YouTube.

Two magazines = 120 rounds. Not bad firepower.

I've always disliked the big Delta Drum magazines. Too cumbersome and projects a bad image to the
    Hmm... clip two of them together...

muhahahaha....
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Administrator
    Reportedly there is some pretty unique cartridge channeling that takes place inside and that is what makes them so reliable and able to function without cartridges hanging up internally.

The only thing I have seen of them is being on a 3 gun squad with a couple of people that use them without any problems.

RKM
    Cool concept. They're just so expensive and I don't really have a need for it. I have a 40 round for my AK. I hardly use it.

Administrator
    Thanks darbo. Useful addition.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Reportedly there is some pretty unique cartridge channeling that takes place inside and that is what makes them so reliable and able to function without cartridges hanging up internally.
    The second video I posted shows disassembly of the magazine. Pretty simple concept however unique in that it has both a small and a second, larger follower.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I had a few of them that were my buddy's. They were decent and worked well, but they're just not for me. If I want 60 rounds on the rifle, I'd rather have two 30 round mags, one in a Redi-Mag, but that's just my paranoia coming out. All in all, I think they're a very reliable magazine and a great solution for rifles like the IAR.

I guess I should note that I put two cans of xm855 through them (the 420 count cans) without a problem with my BCM 14.5" and about 3 mags through my LMT 10.5". I also did one mag dump on full auto from a Diablo 7.5" and a second mag in semi and short bursts. So, i guess I have about 960 rounds through them with maybe 120 of those others trying it out then others using their ammo as well.

I have constant access to them if anyone needs me to break them down or post some pics or video.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

The 100 round version is about to hit the shelves so I'll wait for the real novelty mag. It's better than a beta drum.

Administrator
    Actually I think AimPoint illuminated reticule/dot sights are fantastic now that the battery life is right around 5 years (constant on) but, give me a great sling....and the coffee Maker would be a nice addition.
    Things that I could personally do without would be as follows:
    Magnifier
    Night Vision
    Laser
    Fore Grip
    Bi-pod
    bayonet
    GPS Navigation
    Shaver
    DVD Player
    Grenade Launcher
    and the flashlight.

But, I do like the idea of a 60 round mag that isn't "iffy" like a drum or a mile long.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    At what point do we say - "the rifle is heavy enough." Red dots, magnifiers, night vision, lasers, fore grips, bi-pods, flash lights...and now this too?

Just seems like a lot of weight.

I actually liked the 20 rounders better when I was in - made going to prone a lot easier.

Dangit - forgot the bayonet, sling, grenade launcher, GPS nav system, coffee maker, shaver, and DVD player...
    10thmtn and msgt/ret like this.

VIP Member
    The price keeps me from being interested. They are pretty cool though. I wonder if the M249 would run them?
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links