Bandoleer Pouch for the Defensive Rifle - Page 2

Bandoleer Pouch for the Defensive Rifle

This is a discussion on Bandoleer Pouch for the Defensive Rifle within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thanks guys, I'm glad you like the review. For those that ordered one, let me know what you think when you get yours. I'm planning ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Bandoleer Pouch for the Defensive Rifle

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    Thanks guys, I'm glad you like the review.

For those that ordered one, let me know what you think when you get yours.

I'm planning on getting one for my AR15 too.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryArms View Post
    For those that ordered one, let me know what you think when you get yours.
    Will do.

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    I just got an email from UW Gear and they now have credit card and Paypal payment enabled on their website.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

Very nice I have canvas and a HD sewing machine,I can make damn near anything imperfectly
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Would be sweet if they made one for 20 rd M1A mags.

Michael

After watching MA's quality review and checking out UW Gear's website I ordered a 7.62 bandoleer in standard Coyote Brown (before they had online purchase option).

Timeline of transaction:

4.10 sent USPSMO

4.13 email from UWGear "We received your payment today. We are trying to keep our production times under a week and a half, and will begin work on it as soon as possible. Occasionally circumstances may arise that cause that to be longer."

4.25 package at Post Office

First impression: fast turnaround for a quality made product. Craft is top notch, materials appear rugged and stitching looks clean and strong.

I've been wearing it with three full ((10))'s since I got home (couple hours). It is not heavy, very comfortable and concealable. The mags fit well, the cover locks securely and is easy to open.

So far I'm very happy I picked it up. Look forward to wearing it next time I take the 7.62's out. If I continue to like it as much as I anticipate, I may pick one up for the 5.45.

Will get some pics of it later in week when I have more time.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    There's this:

Minuteman Gear Ammo Strips For .30-30

It holds 20 rounds of .30-30, and has a velcro backing, designed to be placed on the outside of a tactical bag (or inside, if the bag has velcro inside). Putting it on the outside exposes the cartridges to crud, of course. Putting it inside means you might have other stuff in the way, depending on how you pack the bag.

Now, if these "speed strips" could fit inside the mag pouches that the OP reviewed, we'd have something. Strictly for carrying ammo for a lever gun.

Of course, at ~ $60 for the bandoleer, and $20 for each "speed strip," that's ~ $120. Which is the reason I have an elastic butt cuff on my Marlin 336, giving me 6+1 in the gun, +10 on the butt cuff. As of now, any extra will just go in my cargo pockets.

If someone can sew up a better option at a reasonable cost to keep a lever gun running, I think they'd have something.

How about one of these: originalsoegear.762tray

762tray.jpg

or this from wilderness tactical(for .38/.357 & small rifle)

ziploader357.jpg

or this from Texas Hunt Co.

LG10beltfeed-09_7.jpg

"Don't start none, won't be none!"

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I have a similar rig from Eagle Industries which loads six AR 30-round mags, three on each side. When I did my EAG carbine courses, the advice from Mr. Rogers was to train with the equipment you'll use. Well, as a civilian I don't have a chest rig and don't anticipate needing one, so the "patrol bandoleer" was a nifty solution. I keep it right next to the AR so a good supply of ammo is as handy as the gun.

It appears that Eagle currently catalogs a similar model which carries 2 AR mags and 2 pistol mags, so I'm glad I got mine when I did. But the UW Gear offering is close enough (although with lesser capacity) and for me, it's a better solution than a chest rig.

Attachment 58119Attachment 58118
    I've got the same ones from Eagle Industries. One for my AR-15 and one for .308 mags for my FN-FAL. Wow, I got those what... maybe 20 years ago? Like you, I'm glad I got them when I did, because I haven't seen them offered by Eagle for a long time now. I like being able to carry six mags slung over my shoulder.

I also have about 1,000 rounds of 5.56 ammo on stripper clips loaded in the old Vietnam era "cloth" stripper clip bandoleers stored inside steel ammo cans ready to go as my "ready reserve." The rest of my 5.56 ammo (several thousand more rounds) are loose packed in steel ammo cans.

Sturmgewehre, I definitely like the closures on that bandoleer much better than velcro for the same reasons. However, that type of closure wasn't available 20 years ago when I got my bandoleers from Eagle. There are pros and cons to the six pouches of the Eagle carriers. More magazines, but also much more bulkier.

As a civilian these days, do I need much more than three 30 round mags on my person, plus what's in the gun? Probably not. And lightweight and streamlined is where it's at!

I'll definitely look into maybe getting one from UW Gear. Thanks for the video review!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links